Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
3K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  storminstaffs 
#1 ·
I have finally placed an order for a martin's cage for my two rats!! Im trilled bc that will be their christmas present, lol.

Its a Ferret penthouse, I was more interested in running room than levels...however I can always alter and it can fit in my room, so I think Im more excited than my girls.:D

#6 ·
Awesome! I have a MC and I love it and so do the rats in it.I have 4 girls in it.It is actually one of the chinchilla cages,it was big and roomy as the rat ones,but cheaper...so I went with it!

#9 ·
lol, my dad doesnt know i even own rodents...lol...well except my hamster..he is freaked out about their tails

this cage is gonna be huge...and im only using it for my two rats and alex the mouse...i should get it tomorrow

#13 ·
storminstaffs said:
i would love one its just the shipping im worried about
:no2: They are no good for mice.Bar spacing is way too wide :shrug: Before I put my rats in the cage I tested to see if my mice would squeeze through the bars.And yes they were out of the cage in under 2 minutes.Then I rinsed the cage& put my rats in.Bar spacing is same for all the cages.Useless for mice =)

#17 ·
Hmm,I don't know.Dad made me a cage once when I had lots of pets & the mice had 1/2 cm square spaces on their cages & I never had a problem.But I had bigger mice in a cage with 1cm squares,so they could not get out really,all cube squares,but I housed boys in that one.
I THiNK my measurements aren't off. :worry: We used like chicken wire & I had no escapes.

#18 ·
I have 5 mice and they are ALL housed in a cage with bars and I haven't had problems.I don't have problems with adult mice getting thru bar cages.

#19 ·
the only reason im worried about bar spacing is that my old mouse milly (rip) used to get out of her small hamster cage and go everywhere under my bed pooing then she would go back in her cage to sleep she was a cute little mousey i reli miss her, and one of my red eyed whites has always tried to escape the cages i put her in, their little terrors lol

edited for spelling mistake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.