Meet my new Rat, Maggie - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Talking Meet my new Rat, Maggie

I have been thinking about this for awhile and I finally did it yesterday. I got another little rat. My rat, "Mousie Mousie", ever since I got my two little Degu sisters, has been looking lonely. So, after much consideration, and reading, and talking to people at pet stores, I decided to bring home a companion. I introduced them and they seem to be getting along pretty well. A little fussing and nipping at first, but late last night I actually caught them trying to play. I even found them sleeping next to each other at one point yesterday. So, I think I made the right choice. Well, enough of my story, here is Maggie. . .

I fell in love with her when I saw her. I didn't know that rats came in this color! Her eyes are dark, and not red, it was just the camera flash that made them look red in the picture. Please note that she has an admirer in the far left background. Hee hee. That's Katie, my cat. We all watched the rats pretty close yesterday to make sure that nobody got hurt!

This is the picture of them first checking each other out. Maggie stayed in the corner for the first part of the day, but towards the evening, she was trying to get Mousie Mousie to play! It was really cute. Hope you enjoyed the pictures!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Will It Ever Change?

awww she's a cutie! congrats!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

i think your rat does have red eyes, i had a beige hooded with ruby red eyes. they aren't red like PEWs but yea...

Very cute congrats on your new ratty patty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

awww, congrats! She sounds sweet!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 04:06 PM

Congrats, I love her coloring.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 04:11 PM
is a little "special"

Cute! <3 I wish I could have a rat...

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Kendalle, Do you really think she has ruby red eyes? And, could you fill me in? I am still learning, what are "PEWs"? Probably something really simple and I'm like silly, but could you fill me in? You see, where I live, we only get white rats or black and white rats, so when I saw Maggie, she was really different.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 04:35 PM
is a little "special"

PEWs are Pink Eyes Whites! Or white rats w/ pink eyes, LOL!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

I knew it had to be something easy! Chalk it up to no sleep again!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I think her eyes do look red. My white rat Hercules has ruby eyes. They don't always appear red, but you can see it in some light. We also had a discussion here once about how rats' eyes photograph their true color, and in that picture your girl's eyes definitely look reddish to me.

If you are interested, the eye color discussion appears in this thread:
http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f16/r...yes+photograph

Maureen

Six new rats
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 06:19 PM

Oh she's adorable! Congratulations on the new addition!
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 09:20 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

She is precious! I just love little bareback ratties. You're really going to enjoy having them now! Half the fun of having rats is watching all their cool behavior with eachother!
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 03:01 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

awwww.. how cute!

And its funny how your cat is off to the side just looking in at the new addition. Perhaps thinking.... ....Hehe!

Lve Never Fails

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Awwe, Luv, you are too funny! My kitty would never actually "eat" my rats! Heh Heh. You know, I had a cat once that when I went on vacation, she got really busy. She let the hamster out of the cage, let the finches out and when I got home, she was just sitting in the middle of them all, looking at me like, "Really, Ma, I didn't hurt anyone. . . I just wanted to play!" And really, nobody was hurt! And whenever anyone ever got out, she would just simply show me where they were. She never hurt any of them.
mtmaughan. . . thanks for the site! I will check it out. I really don't care what color eyes she has. I'm just in love with her already. She accepted a piece of cracker from me last night. She is warming up to me already. I sat and watched them play a little last night too. They will be best buddies in no time.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 09:19 AM
Will It Ever Change?

lol that's one silly cat!! i'm glad maggie is settling in well! congrats again!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan

Tags
pet store, pet stores, red eyes