Memorable Rats - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Memorable Rats

Do you guys have some rats that you just cannot forget? I know all of them can't be forgotten...but I mean,do you have any that just "stand out"???

My very first dumbo rat,Blueberry...well she was my favorite...I know I shouldn't ever pick favorites,but can't help it.Blueberry was a blue self dumbo and she was such a character.She was "mommy's girl" and wouldn't lemme forget it! She would stash ALL of my things in her cage...pens,paper,envelopes,clothes...etc and if I took it,she would come and take it right back into her cage! It was adorable! She loved riding around with me and was probably one of my most cuddly females.I also had her trained.Blueberry knew her name and always responded to her name and she would "dance" for a treat.I managed to train her to "dance".Sadly she had to be euthanized (one of the hardest things I had to make a discision on),because she was almost 3 and had cancer and she started tearing her own stomach open...

There is also Wendell,an albino rescue I had.He disliked men and when a man came in,including my boyfriend...Wendell would get all puffy and huffy and tried looking "bigger" and if they went near him,he freaked out and even bit my bf! It was funny...it was like he protected me from "evil men"...if me and my boyfriend got in a fight,I would go down and Wendell would try and make me feel better and would try and bite Jason.He was fine with women.He was my little guard rat!

I have so many more I wanna talk about...so I will probably come back!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-09-2006, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Nobody has any memorable ratties????

* Lisa *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-09-2006, 08:53 PM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

I do!! NIBLER!! You know Nibbler, he was very memorable!! Kisses, such a great personality!! He was always up to greet me when I woke up, I would say something and he would look out his window and cock his head like a doggy!! SOOOO cute!! I still miss him today. He stands out most followed by Nibbles his daughter who was just like him as you know Lis, and I would say each of the rats I had has touched me in some way and continue to remain memorable in my !!

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-09-2006, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
I do!! NIBLER!! You know Nibbler, he was very memorable!! Kisses, such a great personality!! He was always up to greet me when I woke up, I would say something and he would look out his window and cock his head like a doggy!! SOOOO cute!! I still miss him today. He stands out most followed by Nibbles his daughter who was just like him as you know Lis, and I would say each of the rats I had has touched me in some way and continue to remain memorable in my !!
Yes,I remember Nibler! He was sweet,he is actually what got me liking male rats better then girlies.Now I have males of my own who are equally (if not more... ) sweet!My girls are sweet too,but the males take the cake!

* Lisa *

post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-09-2006, 09:26 PM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

GEE!! Boys rock!! Girls do too but gotta the males!!

私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 02:51 AM

Well,mine are still alive yet so...thank God?!
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

I decided to bring this thread back,since my beloved Ninja passed away recently.

Ninja was/is a memorable rat.

Me and him really bonded.We were always close,but we got closer when his cagemates died.His first cagemate died leaving him alone and grieving.I managed to introduce him to another one of my rats and when that rat died,Ninja again was super depressed.After that he would not accept anymore rats and became a lone rat.So I gave him extra attention and we really bonded.He always wanted to be with me.He would sleep curled into me while I watched TV/movie and at 4am he would wake me up (if I was asleep) by chewing on the bars,wanting to come out and cuddle.He also groomed me alot...my mouth,teeth,hair,ears and even my hand.

Ninja was also special,because he liked to come outdoors with me and helped promote pet rats.People who claimed to fear rats,would see Ninja and want to pet him and he was a really friendly rat,so it really helped show people that rats are not crazy,evil,aggressive animals.

Ninja was awesome.My little buddy.While I don't like choosing favorites,me and him really had a bond.He seen me as another rat almost,as he disliked other rats and constantly wanted to be with me.

He is always gonna have a place in my heart.

* Lisa *

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

WOW...why are posts all jumbled?
Anyway post memorable ratties here.

* Lisa *

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Zippy Chickenshorts

Well, my rats are my first, so I have none that have past away yet, and I'm glad because I'm not 'ready' to lose one... if that makes sence, but I suppose no one is ever 'ready' to lose a rat
I do think though, that when any of my rats go, Pepper will be missed the most, I know it's a horrible thought, but he has just been my boy right from te start; When we were in the pet shop, he did all sorts of things just to get my attention and look at him, so I bought him and Rayray home
He was actually the scitish one though and I wasn't sure if we were ever going to proberly bond because of his hyperness LOL
But now, He is the one who always wants to be with me and will just chill out on me and the calm one. He is the easiest to get when it's time to go back in the cage after free range, especially compaired to Rayray because Rayray is like a little kid at the park when he is in my room and trys his best t oviod going back home LOL
But Pepper will come and see me when I'm on my bed watching them and run to the door to greet me if I've eft the room and just come back and always come when I call him over and he is just the sweetheart I never thought he'd be! I love him loads and loads and I'd pay a thousand pounds to cure him if he needed it because he is my little baby and I think that when he passes, he will be the most missed!
xx

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 02:06 PM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

I have another most memorable rattie, Vodka, my hairless ((RIP)) He was sweet and love to recline in my hands like a chair!!

私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

awww RIP Vodka
he sounded like a sweetie... Love the name!

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

I have a few more I would love to talk about...but I am tired.Just got home from a day of fun,so I need sleep.

I know what you mean,it is never easy losing ANY rat.

* Lisa *

post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

This is a nice thread. Very bittersweet.

Well, I've only lost two, my first pair Zorro and Hercules. They were my big lovebugs and I miss them a lot. They taught me about how great rats are and began my obsession. They were from a pet store and had problems their whole lives, but I worked hard to keep them healthy. They were not well socialized and didn't like most people, other than me.

They were both such characters with very different personalities. Zorro was the bigger, dominant guy who bullied Herc to get his way. He absolutely adored me and usually looked like he had a smile on his face. Hercules was a clown. He was clumsy and would get into funny situations. He liked to steal stuff and run away with it.

Zorro & Hercules

Maureen

Six new rats
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 02:53 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

Of course my little Jack Jack is a rat I will never forget. He lived a long time (almost 4 years) and was the sweetest little guy. If anyone ever met my rats they met jackjack first. He loved to groom and loved to ride on shoulders. He also slept with me but ONLY me. He died 3 weeks ago and I posted about it but really I haven't talked about it. I always said I was going to cremate him but when he died my boyfriend and I were so heartbroken that we just buried him right away. Actually Jon still has poison from weedwacking weeds trying to find a spot to bury him. That day we took the dog to the park and before I left I gave him some treats and when we got home I started feeding the mice and wandered over to his cage to get their food and looked in and he was dead. I just screamed...Jon said he knew right away. Anyway I won't get sentimental (I've done that enough already) here are his pics. A lot of people here know how much I loved this little guy and like Lisa said it's not really fair to pick favorites but darnit I loved this rat more then anything.

That is my most favorite pic of all time. That is our rat pack, they all RIP

*Missy*
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Awww Missy! R.I.P little Jack Jack.

* Lisa *

Tags
male rat, male rats