Mice cages - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Mice cages

Hi,
Ive thinking of getting 2 girls tomorrow if i can find some i like at the local shop.
Ive bought a cage tonight which is a wire mesh type because i read this was best.

Now ive read up and read that the wire rungs should be no more than 0.25" (7mm) apart, the ones on this cage are 10mm (0.4")

the lady in the shop said i can exchange it if its not suitable. should i take it back and get a plastic style cage or risk it? i didnt fancy a plastic one because i had a hamster in a habbitrail cage and her wee made the plastic corrode and i hear that can lead to ammonia being around the cage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 07:44 PM
laugh often

If you don't know the age of the mice then I would go for an aquarium type cage. If the mice are young they can squeeze right throught the bars and a full grown mouse can squeeze through a hole that's 1/4 of an inch. If you end up getting a 10 gallon aquarium or something like that you can use the mesh reptile lids made for those sized tanks. I also use bin cages for my mice. .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 07:45 PM
laugh often

good luck with your future mice they're really neat.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna

Tags
wire mesh