Mice Treats - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2005, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Question Mice Treats

What treats can I give my mice to get them to start eating and encouraging them to jump into my hand?

Heavenly Heart Gerbilty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2005, 09:10 PM
I Own an Egg Pooper

Mine are big fans of Yogies. They also LOVE cheese, haha, how stereotypical, right? And pieces of bread or pasta are another favorite. They are also papaya freaks, and like most fruits and veggies (althought these especially should be given in moderation, because they can cause the mousie runs!)

Good luck!

-Tare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Proud mom to Halle (dog), Sugar (cat), Tiffany (beta fish), Mango (molly fish), and Macy, Paris, Tessa, & Ruthie (mice).
RIP Kiska... the greatest...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 10:19 PM
Naked Dog Mom

Not sure about mice, but a treat loved by EVERYONE here is cheerios. My rat comes to the corner of his cage everytime someone walks by to see if he's going to get any. My male degu is always sniffing at our fingers when he's out to see if we have any (Sage isn't moving around much right now, but we're pretty sure she's pregnant, so that may be why. She used to like cheerios alot. Now she just likes to curl up and hide). Even our puppy loves cheerios.

Momma to three pups:

Ein, Pembroke Welsh Corgi (black headed tri) born 7/12/2004
Tucker, golden colored lab mix, rescue - est dob fall 2004
Colleen rough collie (sable and white), rescue - est dob: 2003-2004
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 06:17 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

>> Mine are big fans of Yogies <<

Yogi Berra?? "Yogies"??

My mice know one word in English - "Cheerios". I enjoy handing one to each and listening to them crunch away on them. Kashi is also good.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 06:26 PM

my mice love graham cracker and Organic dandelion leaves and oh yes Peanut-butter is a big hit. They like rice cracker too but they won't touch cheese. Strange huh. They have such individual tastes!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 03:08 PM
Adolescent Pup

Blue will happily take a small chocolate drop from my hand They're his fave, but remember not to give too many!!

I believe in a thing called love ~ just listen to the rhythm of my heart

Dusty

Chloe

Mildred + her 3 friends

Jellybean + Caesar
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 03:41 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I used to give my mice those choccie drops and yoghurt drops.

My handsome Prince

Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 06:18 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Mine used to try anything but favourites where little pieces of crackers, chocolate / yogurt drops and little pieces of wholemeal bread and off course cheese

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 09:58 AM
I Own an Egg Pooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgimom
Not sure about mice, but a treat loved by EVERYONE here is cheerios.

OMG! How could I have forgotten! CHEERIOS! they are OBSESSED!

-Tare

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Proud mom to Halle (dog), Sugar (cat), Tiffany (beta fish), Mango (molly fish), and Macy, Paris, Tessa, & Ruthie (mice).
RIP Kiska... the greatest...