Miss Minnie(Pictures Inside) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Miss Minnie(Pictures Inside)

Ok,so I took some pics of Minnie and I'm hoping some of you can could possibly tell me if she looks like a pregnant rattie.I took some pics where you can see her belly pretty good.Hope you like!

Ratties Rock My World!
My Zoo
Spring,Lynard,Georgia,Teddy,7 of Minnie's children, 2 dwarf rats and our rabbit Charlie
*Proud Rat Owner Since 2005*
RIP Ratties
Raven,Gracie,Chloe,Roxanne,Brandy,August, Nicki, Lulu,Lainey,Minnie,Edward,Jasper
RIP Lance We Still Miss You

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Zippy Chickenshorts

yep, looks pregnant to me hun...

congrats on lil'minnie!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Ooh, I think she looks preggers. I hope we get to see pics of some little eepers soon.

Maureen

Six new rats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 04:39 PM
Will It Ever Change?

yeah i think she's prego too....yay babies!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

yea,my parents now think she is too,she was standing up and she looked so big around her belly and i looked up prego rats earlier and she looks quite like them.we moved her into a little baby safe cage and are waiting for the babies,she's been nesting too..it's so funny to see the little place she made.thanks for your input guys.and do any of you know of any good rat sites on baby info and such?

Ratties Rock My World!
My Zoo
Spring,Lynard,Georgia,Teddy,7 of Minnie's children, 2 dwarf rats and our rabbit Charlie
RIP Ratties
Raven,Gracie,Chloe,Roxanne,Brandy,August, Nicki, Lulu,Lainey,Minnie,Edward,Jasper

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

The Rat Guide http://ratguide.com/ has tons of good info on many subject. There are several articles about pregnancy and birth under the Breeding section.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 02:06 AM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Oh yep defo preggers!! Yay babies!!! Congrats!

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 05:59 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I'm so happy,Minnie had her babies last night,there's at least 7,maybe more.I had to move out to the couch they were making so much noise.They're just little pink things.Everything went smoothly I assume.She's hunched over them keeping then warm.Good thing we got her in the nursery tank yesterday.

Ratties Rock My World!
My Zoo
RIP Ratties

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 06:05 AM
RAT ADDICT

CongRATS!
She is a pretty ratty.

Don't disturb her too much for the first day or two.Also make sure she gets extra protien and nutrients in her diet.Offer some chicken or a milkbone.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

ok,thanks.i plan on getting her out later today to count the babies and take out any still borns if there are any.

Ratties Rock My World!
My Zoo
RIP Ratties

post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 06:08 AM
RAT ADDICT

Since they are so new,do not have them out for long.I personally don't touch the babies until the 2nd or 3rd day.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Will It Ever Change?

another good protein treat that vanrat once told me, is bread soaked in milk, she'll need the extra goods for nursing. congrats on the babies, i sooooo can't wait to see pics!!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 10:09 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Oh wonderful congrats! She is a very cute rattie. You're going to have soo much fun now. We have recently had a litter, and they literally change every day!

Really as long as things go normally, mommy will take care of the babies for the most part. The big thing is to make sure there's lots of soft warm material for a nest (I use fleece) and plenty of water and high protein food for mommy. At this stage she will eat and drink a lot more often (nursing is thirsty work) so check the food bowl and water bottle a couple of times a day. Also I check in every now and then to make sure no one has wandered too far from the nest or burrowed down where mommy can't find them. Other than that she'll do all the work.

After about 2 or 3 days shes' going to be really tired of the wriggly little jelly beans clinging to her all the time and she'll need a break. At that point it's safe to pull her out for about 20 mins at a time and play with her a bit. Just cover the babies with something for warmth when you do.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

ok,thanks so much for that info.this is my first time and my parents with having newborn babies.they're little squeakers that's for sure.around 4:30 we were able to get minnie out of the cage and count how many babies there were and if any of them were dead,so we found 12 babies all squirming around,so I'm quite happy,we plan on keeping at least 4 of the girls if there are 4 and will find homes for the other ones.

Ratties Rock My World!
My Zoo
RIP Ratties

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Update:I came home from school and found one of the little babies dead.So now we're down to 11 babies.Hopefully they all stay alive.

Ratties Rock My World!
My Zoo
RIP Ratties

Tags
food bowl, pet store