Molly and her bubs - Newbies - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Molly and her bubs - Newbies

Molly's story starts here...

1 month old rats
Price: Free Ad ID: 116214219
Visits: 39

Address: Toronto, ON View map
Date Listed: 25-Mar-09

hi i have 6 baby rats and more to come i need to get rid of them because my female just had more so if u need rats or want them please come get them just email me and i will send u the info

Four 4 week old babies are at another woman's place of which 3-4 of them will be arriving here this Sunday and I will, along with the 5-6 week old boy being picked up on Saturday, be fostering for 1 week until a rescue comes and gets them.

Then the other storyline begins. Molly and her male friend were bought 3 months ago. The woman had rats before when she was a teenager but only 1 at a time. When someone emailed asking if she was breeding...she wrote:
um i never wanted to but my female keeps having babies i dont want to separate my male and female cuz they have always been together so now she keeps having babies *DOH*

Some of the babies and dad ended up a "some guys house" so tonight I wrangled a ride from my long-suffering friend and Molly ended up here with her 6 eepers that were born last night. Dad was removed the day before so there will be no more litters for little Molly. I was a bit worried about a post-partum pregnancy which can happen within 24 hours of giving birth and obviously what happened for these wee pinkies.
Molly was named by the woman's son, who was angry I was taking her away. The mom never named her even while having her for 3 months.
She said that Molly was basically the same size when she got her but her tail grew a little...

So I am guessing she is about 5-6 months? She has an "old" face, but its brightening up very fast now...hehe.
She's another teeny at 182 grams and this is her 2nd surviving litter. Molly is calm and sweet and feeding her bubs as we speak.
Btw we took her cage as well, so the woman wouldn't be able to fill it again It must've been very full, a tiny cage, a small female, a biiig male, and six 4 week old babies!

There are 3 girls, and 3 boys (Moon and I sexed them, so we *think* we are right)
1 - pink-eyed girl
2 - black-eyed girls
1 - black-eyed boy
2- pink-eyed boys

Meet Molly and her family...

Molly in the Giant's Hand

The bubbies with Moon's finger

Baby pillow

Milk bellies

Someone is aspiring to be a air traffic controller

and someone else is acting demure

:mrgreen:

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 10:24 AM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

OMG What an awful woman to keep doing that to that poor little girl. I am glad you have her and her bubbas. She is beautiful. xx

*Carla*
I
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my animals!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 10:41 AM

Some people should never own pets.

They are so cute. I'd totally snatch a few females in 8 weeks if I didn't live so far away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

The babies have just turned a week old and are great, nice quiet little things. , I rarely hear them until mom shifts, but I am worried. The Bronlings were insanely loud little “birdies” but once they hit 5 weeks old they were quiet rats. The Sugah’s were quiet little babies, and these little drama queens are shriekers and screamers…I hope it’s not a trend I am seeing.

The boys were the camera hogs today…

The boys

Beige brothers

agouti hoodie boy

All together

The girls

Agouti hoodie girl

Black hoodie girl

All together

The black hoodie with her agouti brother

The wee family

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Aww, they are cute!

Maureen

Six new rats
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 01:01 PM

They are so adorable! I want one.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Adolescent Pup

there so cute yet more additions to your family