mouse in the house - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 03:08 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

mouse in the house

we got a stove a while ago that was sitting in our garage for a few weeks (stupid landlord) anyway when we got it a mouse ran out and that was the last we saw of him... (i didn't see him that day, i was in the other room i was going to catch it that day but they chased it out of the closet where it was trapped and it went under the cupboards and probably into the floor)

and so i saw him today and he is black! he is super cute!! anyway he is now in our stove... in the vents.. i guess thats what they are...

i made a trap for him (jar with peanut butter and really smelly chips and a ladder)

I hope hope hope it works, but i am wondering if it is a wild mouse as i have never seen a wild black mouse just the mousy brown ones and i have lived many years on a farm and seen many mice... could it be a pet mouse let out? if so is he too wild to keep or too domestic to let out, we have lots of cats around!! i wouldn't mind keeping him even if he isn't ever tame enough to hold (i don't know how the roomies would feel about that but i don't care )

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Since you have other pets in the home and even temporarily wild mice can carry disease and parasites I think the safest thing to do is get a humane trap or two at your local tractor supply store (they're pretty cheap there I found out last week!) and move him far away from the house and the cats. Obviously he's been doing okay on his own so far.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 11:50 AM
Part of the Pack

we have black mice in our shed. they're the crafty ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentopia View Post
we have black mice in our shed. they're the crafty ones.
where are you from?

the only other animal in my house is my iguana and fish...

how ever we may get a cat sometime soonish.

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.