Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Mouse Pics

4K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  VanillaRat 
#1 ·
hey, now that i think i have figured out the picture stuff, i can show you some pics of my mouse. His name is Buble' (after the singer michael buble'), some say his name is weird, but its good cos its unique. Anyway he is 10 months old and my best bud.:bounce:

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Vanilla_Rat said:
Oh my goodness!He is a brindle!!!!!! :gimme: I have been wanting a brindle for ages! He is really cute!
what determines a brindle? sorry, im not used to these technical terms..lol

#8 ·
Skratikans said:
what determines a brindle? sorry, im not used to these technical terms..lol
Brindle is a color or type of markings.See the tiger like stripes? Thats a brindle.Ever see brindle dogs? I love brindle animals and really wanna get a brindle mousey!

#14 ·
Alyssa08 said:
I'm not too sure about his habitat, i dont think that he has enough toys etc to keep him occupied, does anyone have some suggestions? Also i think his shaving may be drying out his skin or making him itching, what other alternatives are there?
What kind of shavings are you using? From the pictures,it looks like pine.Just to let you know,pine and cedar are toxic to rodents.

A good safe alternative to those are aspen,Yesterdays News or Carefresh.I use aspen mixed with YN and it is awesome! Asborbs well and plus it is safe.I normally don't use Carefresh,as I am personally not a fan (it IS safe tho),but someone just gave me a bag,so I am currently using that as well.

As for more toys...*** tubes,tissue boxes,cardborad,ladders...things like that.Little miceys love to climb and explore.

#16 ·
Alyssa08 said:
I'm in Australia and we dont have aspen, the only stuff i've seen is either pine shavings or straw/hay or wood chips. Are any of these safe (except for the pine). :( :(
Hmmm...what kind of wood chips are they? Pine and cedar and other soft woods are no good.They are toxic.

Hay and straw can be used as bedding,but I don't think it is very absorbant.However you can always put a layer of newspaper on the bottom of the cage and then add some straw or hay,that might work.

#17 ·
I went to the pet store today and they only had a mixture of pine and cedure woodchips, so its looks like they are a no no.. I asked the person in the pet store whether they get anything other than pine shavings etc, but apparently no because they seem to think that pine is the best thing for rodents:scratch: I dont think he really knew anything about the effects of pine on rodents because i have heard a few people mention that it can be bad.

#20 · (Edited)
You can ask them to order in some aspen, never give up :) If all else fails use Purina Yesterdays news, it is very good and is in the cat deparments. Also use some hay to make a bed with!! Yesterday’s News pellets are natural, non-toxic, virtually dust-free, and highly absorbent, so they make great bedding material for small animals. Hedgehogs, mice, rats, gerbils, hamsters, guinea pigs, and reptiles can all find a safe, dry, and comfortable haven in Yesterday’s News.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.