Mouse Squeaking? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Question Mouse Squeaking?

Hey guys, more annoying questions I'm afraid. I replaced Winston's sawdust with hay and paper bedding and now he has stopped sneezing so that is one problem solved. However he is still squeaking a lot when he runs around playing and when he is eating. I read somewhere that mice only squeak when they are scared or in pain. He doesn't seem scared or in pain, could there be another reason why he squeaks? I hope he is not lonely and miserable, I play with him a lot about two hours a day and he loves the big maze I made him and plays in it for hours. He just won't stop squeaking! IT doesn't bother me I think it's cute but hate to think he might be suffering? Thanks for any advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

As long as it is not loud high pitched squeaking then it is probably fine. He could just be talking and sometimes they squeak when they go to the bathroom too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I wish I could have a friend for him I'm just scared if it was a boy they'd hurt each other and I'm not ready to be a mousie grandma!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

You don't know if it is a male or female? Could you show us pictures of the behind and we can help you with that? If it is a female she will need a friend because girl mice are very social animals. If it is a male then you should not get a friend because they are VERY territorial and will almost always fight.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
1 girl dog~Kusa

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 03:06 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I know it's a male. Sorry if my post was unclear, I had had a long day! I meant if the friend was a boy they would fight because Winston is a boy and if I had a girlfriend for him they would have mouselets and I'm not sure I'm ready for that many mice I hope Winston is okay on his own for now.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 09:30 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

He will be fine on his own It sounds like he gets a lot of interaction too. So don't worry I am sure he is just fine.
And sorry for the misunderstanding, I thought you meant you didn't know the gender.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
1 girl dog~Kusa

Tags
mouse squeak