Mouse: Tumor? Doubled in size - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Mouse: Tumor? Doubled in size

Hello, I have a pet mouse, Rosie. About two weeks ago I noticed she had a lump on her backside, quite large. My uncle has had pet mice before and said a lot of them had tumors and that usually they weren't painful and that she may die soon. So i kept an eye on her, she played and ate and drank just fine, and didn't seem to be in any sort of pain at all. Now her body has doubled if not tripled in size and she can barely move. I picked her up and it looks as though her pink skin is almost a blackish color where her size is larger. She lays flat with her back legs out and can only drag herself with her front legs, i've only seen her move inches today and she hasn't eaten or drank anything. Any idea what i could be? She also seems to be breathing very hard and fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

You should bring her to a vet asap

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Yes, she needs to get to a vet as soon as possible. I doubt she is having any fun at all at this point. Please don't let her suffer and get her to a vet.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Maximus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 08:16 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

She needs to be humanely put to sleep at the vets...it shouldn't be expensive as its just a wee mouse, otherwise she could suffer a long and painful time to die with a tumor necrotizing on her body

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

Last edited by lilspaz68; 11-29-2011 at 08:28 AM.

Tags
bloated, heavy breathing, mouse, tumor