Mousehunt ends in destruction : An interview with Howard Ingham - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

Mousehunt ends in destruction : An interview with Howard Ingham

Howard Ingham from the Staramet Community journal reports.

Moog the mouses 1 week campaign to barricade himself in the kitchen ended this morning with destruction , A spokesman said " We found chocolate buttons and fresh water were not enough and even the humane traps failed afer being triggered by no mouse being inside ".

The final move was made by the owner of the Kitchen Mr Jonathan Moore who had battled for a week to entice the mouse into his lil log cabin , in desperation he made this statement.

" I just unlatched the Kitchen door on Tuesday morning and found that Moog the mouse had vacated the whole contents of his log cabin " , " There was a unmistakeable trail of straw that was thicker one end and thinner the other as the bedding dissapeared down the side of the fridge "

" I thought to myself that is enough and I set about dragging the fridge out from its bay and undoing all the screws to my only recently fitted new cupboards "

Interviewer : How on earth did you catch him ?

" It was reletively easy because I knew he would be under the base of the kitchen units " , but I broke a chipboard fascia below the cooker after freeing three quarters of it "

Interviewer : Ouch

" It was soon after removing this fascia that I found Moog the mouses new makeshift nest which was as far and deep as he could go but only a matter of a foot away from his upturned glass tank that I tried to entice him into "

Interviewer : Seems to me he still has traces of wild mouse in him then ?

" Oh yes he still is a wild mouse and was tiny when I first found him in the bottom of a dustbin " , " we knew there was something up because there we chewed up holes in the black bin liner and he had obviously fallen into the bin and could'nt get out "

Interviewer : So Moog is in fact a wild mouse . " scandal !! , isn't that a bit cruel ?

" Not realy considering two or three weeks later the client of whom I was visiting during a gardening job aquired herself two cats " , " I had talked to her about getting the mice out first "

Interviewer : Oooh yes I agree with you there Mice and cats dont mix.

" It was a couple of weeks after catching Moog that I then caught Wilja the female " that was a week before my client got a further cat a mentaly unstable silver tabby called Rose Marie " , " she has a pink nose you know "

Interviewer : Yes yes , Ehem !! but how did you catch Moog ?

Well after I had accidently broken my fascia away and found his secret hideout I saw him running under the units " , " at one point it got a bit frantic with the leather glove but then he dissapeared into another sealed section that I had to undo the screws to get into.

Interviewer : So you got him ?

" No not yet , he dunna runna and went for the washing mashine , Washing machine , washing machiiiine " , " I then had to drag that out of which was much heavier despite being on coasters , and after a lil run I had him cornered "

Interviewer : So he was finaly in the bag ?

" He went into the unit underneath the sink where he had just been " , " I had a brief struggle with him and he tried to evade me by hiding closer and in my view but in the dark " it was then I made my final grab for him "

Interviewer : Did he squeek ?

" Funnily enough no not this time around , he did when I first lost him a week ago but I think he understood that he had been caught fair and square and in the end gave up without protest "

Interviewer : Fantastic , so it was a happy ending ?

" Yes it was bar the broken newly fitted kitchen " , " Moog was greeted soon after by Wilja in an Ex wooden Port and Stilton case , they were very happy to see eachother but at times I could'nt tell wether they were having a play fight or not , Moog has fallen asleep now "

Interviewer : Well there you have it chaps great news , Jonathan finaly got his mouse back . This is Howard Ingham from the Staramet community journal.

You know we could put this article in the Cormsbank Advertiser Jon ?

Goodnight Ally Pally .

--------------------------------------------

Howard Ingham ( C ) J .R . Philmore , A.K.A , R . J . Phillips

Staramet & Cormsbank ( C ) J . D . Moore

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

To stop chewing wood and Pooping nice , he's in the jailhouse now.

Last edited by Toky-Ohki; 03-13-2007 at 08:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

that's funny. I have a little house mouse that's living in the stove. He's been running around for months now.

*Missy*
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 11:23 AM
The Title Fairy Was Here

hehe naugthy mousey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Come see more of my fur babies at
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Oily Chickenspew

lol. glad u got him

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Title Thief Victim

haha that's great.

Carissasaurus Rex

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Yes I thought I would try and do something different so I chose an interview for a local imaginary tabloid.

Howard Ingham is a character that my Grandpa Rex created while he was writing stories for me.

The place names are mine.

Yes he is a cheeky lil boy , but he underestimated me being autistic , I am persistant , impulsive and sometimes rash , thats why I now have a wood filling job to do in my kitchen.

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

wow...crazy mouse.

Life's not about how to survive the storm, It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Momma to: 2 human children Audree (2) and Jacob (7 mo.)
3 Doggies: Angel (13), Cricket (1), and Diesel (4mo.)
1 Kitty: Mazey (Age unknown)
2 ferrets - Mocha and Marshall
1 bunny - Ice

Working to make a change, one paw at a time!
Volunteer - Skinny Little Buddy's Rescue
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 06:35 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

LOL!

Looks like the cabinet doctor will have to be called in now ; ).

---------------------------
Millie
Mom to 2 crazy kitties and 1 African Clawed frog.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

He he = ^ _ ^ =

Yes after that episode extracting Moog the mouse from the kicthen there is one area of damage.

But I can sort it myself I am pretty good with D.I.Y or Home improvement as you gals call it over there.

* sings *

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

that was cute I could totally see myself doing that to catch a mouse... jeez lol
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 09:45 PM
RAT ADDICT

That was amusing! Thanks,I needed to smile! What a crazy little mouse!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 10:15 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

That was great Jon! Love your little moog and glad you got him back from out under the stove. He had made himself a nice little nest hadn't he? He must have loved his little adventure but im sure he is glad to be with his family again.

Lve Never Fails

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Will It Ever Change?

hahahaha that's a fansastic writing! gotta love mousies

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone.

I did'nt put too much effort into it I swear.

* sings *

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 05:41 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

..aw then your such a natural