My baby is going to be gone soon. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 03:38 AM Thread Starter
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

My baby is going to be gone soon.

What do you do when your rat gets old? I have had rats die before and honestly I can't handle it anymore. I love the iittle guys TOO much.

My little Jack is going. I love that little guy more then anything and honestly I can't deal with it anymore. I love rats and mice and everyone else's pets and I decided that I can't do it anymore. I HATE having a pet that will die in 2 years.

*Missy*

Last edited by pinkie1205; 05-08-2008 at 03:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 04:27 AM
Will It Ever Change?

i really his tough, hun *hugs*. having pets with short lifespans is truly a challenge of wills. hang in there

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 05:31 AM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

My baby died on Monday and i am devastated. I saw it coming but didnt prepare myself properly and it still hasnt sunk in properly. its horrible going to the girls cage and her not being there but with time i will get over it. I am sure you will be fine hun and its better to have loved and lost to never have loved at all thats how i look at it! I was grateful for the time i got to spend with my Missy and she will live on in my heart forever. xxxx

*Carla*
I
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my animals!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 06:15 PM

It's hard to deal with the death of a pet... I've had 12 rats pass away so far, and not a single day goes by without me thinking of each and every one of them.

I try to think about it this way -- if we weren't there to love the little guys, who would? If I hadn't been there for Mizune, or Suki, or Totoro, or any of them they would have been snake food. Despite living such short lives, I have decided to make them live the happiest lives they could possibly ever experience. When one passes on I will miss him/her every single day for the rest of my life, but it comforts me to know that in his short little life he was the happiest rat on this planet (or just about the happiest =P). After he passes on, and the time is right, it'll be time to get another new little baby rattie to love and spoil. And in return I will be loved by them all, and they will all know that they were lucky to have found me.

"Love them while they're here, and miss them when they're gone. When the time is right another will come along." is what someone told me after I had my first rat put to sleep. It's the one thing I've been telling myself ever since that day.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I'm sorry . Yeah, it's really tough. That's the main reason I don't keep hamsters anymore...they just don't live long enough.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 02:29 PM
The Title Fairy Was Here

I've had most of my mice die recently one after the other it was horrible i really miss them all but i still have their offspring so there living on through them after the last 8 of my mice go don't think i'll get anymore usless there was some in need of a home as their short life span just isn't enough when you get attached.

Come see more of my fur babies at

Tags
snake food