my baby has large tumor, question about removal cost - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Unhappy my baby has large tumor, question about removal cost

Hello, I'm new to paw talk, so nice to meet you all! I am trying to help one of my rats, atlantis. My baby girl has a large benign mammary tumor. A bit of info...

I first noticed atlantis' so tumor almost three months ago. I was surprised at how large it already was, about a nickel's diameter when I found it, because I thoroughly check all my girls twice a week and there had been nothing there three days before that. Immediately I was given a removal estimate of around $200. My husband and I have hit a rough patch and had to save up the $$ for this to be done.

Two months after first finding atlantis' s tumor we had finally saved up enough money, but when we brought her in for the exam the vet quoted us $1000. We live in Seattle and this was supposed to be a low cost vet. That was one month ago and we've been desperately trying to get the funds for this. However I'm learning that there are vets in the Seattle area that will remove a rats tumor for much, much less.

Would anyone happen to know about this, or be able to point us in the right direction?

Atlantis' so tumor has reached massive proportions now and she is beginning to lose weight very quickly. I left messages for different vet offices last night and haven't received one call back, I feel like I'm running out of time/options. My babies are so precious to me.

Thank you in advance to anyone that can offer guidance..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
rat, seattle, tumor, tumor removal, vet cost