Photos! My Furry Boys :) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

My Furry Boys :)

I had lots of homework, and I usually take my 3 furry boys out when I have work to do. Da Vinci is on my shoulder at the moment helping me upload all the pictures!

Above: My work space! I don't think I need tutoring on my psych work, you guys!

Above: Picasso is getting so big.

Above: Aw, did Jacopo eat all the yumyums that was in here?!

Reminds me of that old "free kittens" in a cardboard box thing!

Above: Mr.Chubby here doesn't even fit anymore.

Above: Aww, he's out growing my hand..

Above: My sweet old "puppy", Sabrina, and Rembrandt.

Above: What IS that flashing in my face all the time??

Above: Jacopo! You don't need any more energy!

Above: If I can't have soda, I'll steal your Ipod!

Teehee! Okay that's enough for now. I've been really busy and not posting too often, so I thought I'd post some cuteness.

If the tomorrow is as beautiful and warm as it was today, I'll bring them outside for one more time before the snow falls! Pictures will be a definite!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Cute!! I can't believe how big Picasso is! Do they all live together?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

they are too cute!!!
u haven't been here much lately, very nice to see pictures They've gotten so big! specially little P!
Hope all is well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 08:14 PM
RAT ADDICT

They are all so cute! Thanks for posting!!
I used to let my rats run around my desk while I was writing letters to penpals,until they started stealing my pens and paper and distracting me...haha!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

So adorable!!

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaRat View Post
They are all so cute! Thanks for posting!!
I used to let my rats run around my desk while I was writing letters to penpals,until they started stealing my pens and paper and distracting me...haha!
You're welcome, it was a pleasure. Haha they tend to be fascinated with my eraser when I write. I like to "erase" their little heads when they get too close. They also tend to kiss on my hand a lot today - I had a lot of homework so my hand started sweating...I had to put more yogies around so they'd leave my hand alone to write!! And believe me, Vanilla, they distracted me - I was taking pictures when I was supposed to be writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustette View Post
they are too cute!!!
u haven't been here much lately, very nice to see pictures They've gotten so big! specially little P!
Hope all is well
Oh I know. I became very sick with Swine Flu, THEN Stomach Flu, so my grades flopped a little. I've been busy trying to get my grades back up (I'm so ashamed of them) and trying to rest my body at the same time! But I'm all better now and will be bugging you all more often.

I know, Munchkin (he's still not grown out of this name teehee) is going so fast. You don't know how happy I was to see his little man-parts show up - I didn't need any babies yet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrWoodyspets View Post
Cute!! I can't believe how big Picasso is! Do they all live together?
He's still my little boy. He still has his soft little baby fur! And yes, the three furry boys live together. It amazes me how brotherly they all are and how well they took Picasso in. It's adorable how the bigger boys snuggle together, with Little P (I'm stealing that nickname, Dustette!) on top.

"What? You had a booger in your nose, I was trying to get it!!"

Also, I don't want to make another thread, but here is their cage:

I feel bad because they don't really have any toys, except themselves...is there anything I could put in there that you could imagine? It's a big cage but for some reason I'm strapped for ideas...! I think I'm making it too hard.

Thank you all though for your sweet comments - my boys ARE the handsomest rats in this house.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 09:58 PM
RAT ADDICT

Berkshire belly!!!! Give him a big belly "raspberry" for me! I ADORE Berks!
Awww...that sucks you were sick.I hope your feeling better now! And that your marks improve.

* Lisa *

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

aww poor you! 2 sicknesses in a row, that really sucks! I'm glad you're feeling better!
what a cute little belly!!!!
I never get tired of pictures of your boys! don't hesitate to post in photos galore whenever you have a new one!!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Adolescent Pup

I am definately thinking of rats now, yours are gorgeous and look veey happy and spoiled
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustette View Post
aww poor you! 2 sicknesses in a row, that really sucks! I'm glad you're feeling better!
what a cute little belly!!!!
I never get tired of pictures of your boys! don't hesitate to post in photos galore whenever you have a new one!!
I know, I hadn't been sick for about 10 years, so I suppose I was due for some virsues to sneak up on me. I'm fine now, no worries!

I'll definitely run over and post some later. I've been meaning to, but school work calls...!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossa View Post
I am definately thinking of rats now, yours are gorgeous and look veey happy and spoiled
Aw, thank you! I love my little boys and try to give them the very best! You can't help but spoil your rat - when they poke their noses through their cage when you walk by, you MUST give them a yogie. Or at least I do. Teehee!

You should consider rattys, Mossa. Or would Mr.Shiny-Sides get a little too jealous? Teehee!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Such beautiful boys, I love the pictures!! As for your question about what toys to put in there, I thought it was interesting because I have the same cage you do (so nice and big eh?) and I love putting lots of towels and washcloths and soft fabrics in my babies' rattie house for them to snuggle in and to chew, nap in, etc. but I always think the same thing too, like I don't have enough activity toys in my cage for the boys. Some cat jingle balls and some wood chew sticks and I put in some bird platforms and wrapped them in towels for soft perches for the ratties, but their house still seems to be lacking in some extra fun stuff. Hmmm!
But your rattie cage looks great! The boys probably like having all that nice room to wrestle around in and to play chase and so forth...I worried initially with my cage set up that if I put TOO many things in there, it would start to feel too crowded and busy. Ah so many options to consider for the "perfect" rattie house eh? But I know all rats love different things.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladina View Post
Such beautiful boys, I love the pictures!! As for your question about what toys to put in there, I thought it was interesting because I have the same cage you do (so nice and big eh?) and I love putting lots of towels and washcloths and soft fabrics in my babies' rattie house for them to snuggle in and to chew, nap in, etc. but I always think the same thing too, like I don't have enough activity toys in my cage for the boys. Some cat jingle balls and some wood chew sticks and I put in some bird platforms and wrapped them in towels for soft perches for the ratties, but their house still seems to be lacking in some extra fun stuff. Hmmm!
But your rattie cage looks great! The boys probably like having all that nice room to wrestle around in and to play chase and so forth...I worried initially with my cage set up that if I put TOO many things in there, it would start to feel too crowded and busy. Ah so many options to consider for the "perfect" rattie house eh? But I know all rats love different things.
Oh I love this cage. But it's so heavy and bulky to move! Although, that's the same with any big cage I suppose.

I think later today I'll find some old towels and see how they enjoy that. I know they love it when I bunch up towels for their play place! I was thinking about cat jingle balls, but I worried that they'd chew on the plastic and it'd be bad for them?

Haha, maybe I should just get another little boy for them to "toy" with.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 10:20 AM
RAT ADDICT

I give mine those cat jingle balls too and have given all my past rats them too and they never chew them.I have seen the rats rolling them around and carrying them around sometimes though!

I usually get the ones that are made with the harder plastic and only have small holes in them.

* Lisa *

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Yep, same here as with VanillaRat, concerning the jingle balls. I was worried too but I bought the harder plastic ones with the little holes in them and my babies just like to bat them around a bit and pick them up in their mouths and carry them around. But I know what you mean about that other type of jingle ball..those ones that have the thinner strips of plastic and seem like they would be easy to chew up and digest. Hope your boys enjoy the towels! Mine love theirs. I also use a couple of baby diaper pins and pin up some folded handtowels to make little "tents" for them. I have also noticed they LOVE to cuddle inside cotton t-shirts so I fold a clean old t-shirt up into a square, open one end so they can crawl inside it, and I pin up two sides of the open shirt end to the bottom of one of their overhead hammocks. It makes a kind of hut or lean-to that they love to hang out in. Hard to describe though!