Photos! My girlies! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

My girlies!

This is Yuki. She was a blue dumbo, and my first rat. I got her in the Fall of 2007. She stayed small through out her whole life. She never got into any trouble. Once she got off my bed and then ran around. What was really amazing about this was that she didn't chew on any cords. After that day, she had free range of my room. My friend and I would get our rats together for play dates, but it wasn't often. I decided to get Yuki a companion at that point. At about two years old, she started getting sick. She was lethargic and started having problems waking. It was in late Winter, just this past year, when she finally passed. She had been doing bad all day, and I knew it was coming.

This is Boru, the first fatty rat. She was a fancy, beige, hooded rat. I got her a couple months after I got Yuki as a companion. I searched all day for a new rat. None of the stores around me had pet rats, many were feeders. I did look at the feeders, but I couldn't tell which females were pregnant or not. My mom and I finally went into a nearby city and found four rats. There was one albino and three that looked like Boru. The three were sisters. As she grew, she got pretty big. I'd say she was about normal size, but since Yuki was so small, Boru looked really big. Boru was always getting into trouble so I had to keep an eye on her. When Boru was about a year and a half, she developed at tumor. At first it made her look like a boy, but with only one boy part. At the time I couldn't afford her two hundred dollar operation. I had just started working and didn't have the money yet. Eventually, it got too big for her and she started losing weight. She died unexpectedly just a couple months before Yuki.

Bella starts off the list of rats that are still alive. She is a sweet hairless rat. I got her not long after I got my first job. I got a huge eight square foot cage for here and her new sisters. They loved it, especially the hammock! She was very hyper and first and Boru found her hard to handle. Bella used to nibble a lot but now all she does is lick and give kisses. When it is cold, she looks like she gets little goose bumps. Now that she is a little older, one year and a couple months, she has started to store the larger pieces of food in the corner of the cage. Her current spot to put them is in the litter box.

As Boru and Yuki started to get sick, I started looking for a new companion for Bella. I didn't want her to go through their death alone, so I got Daisy. She is a hooded rat with agouti like fur on her hooded area. I got her early last Winter, making her just over half a year old. When I first got her, she started pulling any papers she could get, under one of my pillows. It was really cute because none of my rats had really nested before. I'd tug on them and she would pull back. It was a little game of tug-o'-war. Now that she is older, she has become laid back. Sometimes, she just sits in the cage bruxing and boggling. It is so cute and always makes me laugh. Just earlier she was laying in the hammock doing it!

After Boru passed, Yuki wasn't doing too well. I decided then to add another rat. This is Chrysanthemum, Chrys for short. She is a dumbo with a black back and a white tummy as well as white feet and a white tip on her tail. Daisy had a hard time getting along with Chrys at first, but now they are best friends. They are almost always cleaning each other or sleeping cuddled up together. Now that she has stopped growing, she is my largest rat. I don't know if Boru was bigger in her prime, or if they were about the same size. She doesn't like me touching her, but always comes running when I call her. I have started trying giving her treats while I hold her to get her more used to it. I still love her though!

Finally, this is my youngest and newest rat, Velvet. She is a double rex with black and white patches of skin/fur. She is about half the size of Bella, not including their tails. Her sister was small as well. She is getting along well with the other girls. Sometimes she does get a little too hyper for them. She seems to have brought out the kid in Bella again, who is now as active as she was when she was little. Velvet doesn't seem to like treats. She will eat everything out of the food dish, but doesn't always take food from me. She seems to really like the yougurt drops that I got for the rats though. I'm glad we are making progress right now.

Well those are my ratties! They all have their own personalities and I love them very much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 06:45 PM

Awww they're all adorable. I have a hairless boy, myself.

Yuki looks so sweet. "This is mah carrot - mmm!" teehee! I always wanted a blue ratty.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

She was sick in that picture. She was bleeding from her urethra area. The poor baby. I loved her so much.
That day I was feeding them carrot pieces, but she wouldn't have any of it. She only wanted the whole carrots. I'm not sure why. She was silly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Adolescent Pup

They are all very cute.

Britany.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud USMC Wife.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud mommie of 2 dogs & Some Fish.
American Bulldog : Chesty.
Chihuahua/Terrier Mix : Beethoven.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Shelby View Post
She was sick in that picture. She was bleeding from her urethra area. The poor baby. I loved her so much.
That day I was feeding them carrot pieces, but she wouldn't have any of it. She only wanted the whole carrots. I'm not sure why. She was silly.
Aww that poor baby indeed... Maybe she wanted to cuddle it.
She's quite the beautiful girl!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

To Britany: Thank you. Your ratties are cute too!

To Khodieylia: She probably did. She was such a shoulder rat!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

they are sooooo cute!
I have one rat (for nowww) and I can't stop looking at what she's doing, playing with her, spending time with her... if I had 4 I would do NOTHING but play with the ratties haha
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Having four is a handful. You have to really keep an eye on them. Velvet likes to try to eat my walls. I'm thinking about getting some sort of small cabinet to make into a cage. I just have to find one. Hmmm... Any suggestions?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

They're all so cute! I love the picture of Yuki with the carrot--it almost looks like she's sleeping with it!

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Playful Pup

That's so funyy, I had a hairless named Bella too!
Your girls are all so adorable!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

That is funny! She must be a good rat if she is named Bella, AND is a hairless. ;D
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 07:51 AM
RAT ADDICT

Thanks for sharing.
Too cute.The black with the white belly is called a "Berkshire"...I LOVE "berks".I also love hairless!!! Oh heck,I love all rats!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Thank you. I wasn't sure if she was or not because the white on the sides of her belly is kind of splotchy. She also has this one white piece of fur on the top of her head. Just one.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Talking More Photos! :D

I have some more pictures of the girls. These are just pictures of them going about their daily lives.

Bella and Daisy curled up together one lazy afternoon.
I had recently put the hammock back into the cage and Chrys didn't know what to make of it. Only Daisy, Bella, and Velvet were ever sleeping in it for a couple of days. I think you can see Velvet in the bottom, kind of under Bella and to her side. It's hard to tell though.

Bella and Daisy cuddling once again. They were sleeping under some of the paper towel that was in the hammock. I think they are very cute!

This is an old picture. Left to Right: Boru, Daisy, Kyra. In the bottom corner by Boru, you can see part of Yuki's head. She wanted me to take pictures of her instead.
When my friend is away on vacation, I look after her rats. At the time of this picture I was ratsitting Kyra and Anora, her rats. I thought this picture was very cute because all of the hooded rats curled up together. Boru did have her tumor at this point and was not feeling very energetic.

Tags
double rex, dumbo, female, hairless, rats