My lonley rat - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 03:04 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

My lonley rat

One of my rats died a few days ago, I'm not sure what to do about my other rat, she seems to be looking for her and calling out for her, I know that it is early but should I think about another rat to keep her company as I know it is not healthy to keep a rat on their own. She is one and a half years old, is this too old? I have been paying loads of attention but I'm worried that she will get lonely because I can't always be there for her. What should I do?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vixen
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Zoo!!!

Polo, Pepper, Solo, Bullet, Trigger, Bandit and Gem

About 50 of them

(rats) Ebony and Sotty
(Chickens) Persephone, Penny, Pandora and Pansy
Giant Afircan land snails
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 07:44 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Your best bet is to get 2 young girls and intro them to her after you do your quarantine. Baby rats are usually accepted very well by adults. When the older girl has had enough, they still have each other to play with. Plus when your older girl passes the 2 little girls will still have each other.

Sorry about the loss of your other girl.

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thanks

Vixen

My Zoo!!!

Polo, Pepper, Solo, Bullet, Trigger, Bandit and Gem

About 50 of them

(rats) Ebony and Sotty
(Chickens) Persephone, Penny, Pandora and Pansy
Giant Afircan land snails
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 07:16 PM
RAT ADDICT

I am sorry for your loss.

I agree with Lilspaz.Get a apir of younger females.Your older one will most likely accept them with time.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 10:58 PM
laugh often

you should get a friend and show off pictures!

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna

Tags
baby rats