Photos! My Meece - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

My Meece

Clover

Shamrock

Clover & Shamrock

Spring

More...

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Meadow

Meadow & Spring

Phantom

* Lisa *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 10:15 AM
is a little "special"

Awww! How cute!
Are Shamrock and Clover that special breed of mice, that have really shiny fur? I can't remember the real name for it!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Awww! How cute!
Are Shamrock and Clover that special breed of mice, that have really shiny fur? I can't remember the real name for it!
Thanks.
They are longhaired satin mice.

* Lisa *

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Awww! What sweeties!! Those are the cutest babies! (yes, yes, everyone on the forum knows that I call ALL rodent kids "babies" no matter how old or young they are, ha ha)

Spring just melted my heart. Is she (he?) an agouti type mouse? Marc and I are such suckers for agouti rats and agouti gerbils (of which we have had both) so Spring just made us oooh and ahhh. What an adorable little sweetheart! And Meadow's gray coloring is so beautiful too...reminds us of our beloved Klausse, the Russian Blue (rest in peace my Klaussey). ALL your babies were just beautiful to look at. That picture of Spring and Meadow together in that box was incredible..the one where they look like they are smiling. Wonderful photos Vanilla, thanks for sharing!!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 02:57 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

They are all adorable!! I absolutely love the long fur of the satin mice. I've never seen one like that in person, before, but they are just too precious.

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Betta Bomb

Aww, they're some cute!! Spring and Meadow look wild (just their color) but very nice And I really want to meet the long haired ones in person. . . Just, at a time when the scorp is sleepies!
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladina View Post
Awww! What sweeties!! Those are the cutest babies! (yes, yes, everyone on the forum knows that I call ALL rodent kids "babies" no matter how old or young they are, ha ha)

Spring just melted my heart. Is she (he?) an agouti type mouse? Marc and I are such suckers for agouti rats and agouti gerbils (of which we have had both) so Spring just made us oooh and ahhh. What an adorable little sweetheart! And Meadow's gray coloring is so beautiful too...reminds us of our beloved Klausse, the Russian Blue (rest in peace my Klaussey). ALL your babies were just beautiful to look at. That picture of Spring and Meadow together in that box was incredible..the one where they look like they are smiling. Wonderful photos Vanilla, thanks for sharing!!
Thanks!

Spring (female) is an agouti,yes. She resembles a wild mouse very much and one point last week she got out because I accidentally left the cage open and she was in my bedroom and at first I thought she was a wild mouse! Wild mice are not welcome in my home,so I was gonna trap her...but when I moved and she didn't take off running (like wild mice do),I realized she was my mouse! And I managed to catch her quite easily fortunately.

I love the agouti rats and mice too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breyer08 View Post
They are all adorable!! I absolutely love the long fur of the satin mice. I've never seen one like that in person, before, but they are just too precious.
Thanks! If you lived closer,I would let you come and meet my babies. The satins are very friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple-Hops View Post
Aww, they're some cute!! Spring and Meadow look wild (just their color) but very nice And I really want to meet the long haired ones in person. . . Just, at a time when the scorp is sleepies!
Thanks!
Spring especially looks wild,as she got out last week. I forgot to close the cage and she was in my room eating something. I saw her and actually thought she was a wild mouse at first. I got up to try and trap her and she didn't run away. With the wild mice,when you move...they take off running. She just kept doing her thing,not caring that I moved. Thats when I realized it was my Spring. She didn't run away,so I could pick her up easy.

You can,next time you visits. They are friendly little dudes. I will make sure the scorp is sleeping too...

Oh and Clover & Shamrock were supposed to be girls when I got them...I didn't want a pile of male mice (I have 3 now),because males cannot live together,so you need a bunch of separate cages for them and they smell. And well Clover & Shamrock sucked their testicles in and because of all the fur,they appeared female to me when I got them. But they turned out to be boys. Thats okay though. They are very friendly & too cute for words.

Also they are still living together! I am waiting and ready though for if they start fighting to separate them. But they are in a 33 gallon tank and no fights so far.

* Lisa *

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 06:58 PM
Betta Bomb

Ha to "sucked in their testicles" LOL

I wonder if Spring is now a Changeling mouse :/ Something to think about ^.^
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Playful Pup

Those are really Cute babies you have there!!

post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 10:13 PM
Mouse Obsessor

Beautiful mice! You have quite the variety.
I just had to put down my mouse, Tempo, just a few hours ago.
I will be getting some new mice soon though. Cannot stand how silent it is in here already. I am missing that wheel shaking and food flying.

How many cages do you have up?

My Pets:

1 Rat: (Ace)
1 RC Hamster: (Hannibal)
3 Cats: (Tao, Drew, Jak-ke)
2 Ferrets: (Fisher, Georgie)
1 Betta: (Maxwell) + (5 Platies and 1 Molly)
Rest in peace all my little Mice: Tempo, Aaron, Tatiana, Pei, Shi, Orange, Spotty, Lee Hyun, Key, Calvin, Chun, Jiro, Hero...
And my past Dookers: Lulu (my heart), Frodo (my old man), MoneyPennies (the first one), ect...
Aswell as all my lost Cats (my beloved Haru, ect..) and Bettas (Stahl the creepy one, ect..)
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple-Hops View Post
Ha to "sucked in their testicles" LOL

I wonder if Spring is now a Changeling mouse :/ Something to think about ^.^
LOL...I know,but male mice can do that.
Haha,creepy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluyasha View Post
Beautiful mice! You have quite the variety.
I just had to put down my mouse, Tempo, just a few hours ago.
I will be getting some new mice soon though. Cannot stand how silent it is in here already. I am missing that wheel shaking and food flying.

How many cages do you have up?
Thank you. Yeah I just read that. Sorry for your loss.

I have 3. Spring and Meadow are in a 33 gallon tank. Clover & Shamrock are in a 29 gallon tank. And Phantom lives alone in a hamster cage with bars. I am waiting for the day to separate Clover & Shamrock,since males normally cannot live together. They are still getting on fine,no fights or anything...but I know eventually they will need to be separated.

* Lisa *

post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 02:33 PM
Mouse Obsessor

That is quite alot of room. Your mice must love it.

My Pets:

Rest in peace all my little Mice: Tempo, Aaron, Tatiana, Pei, Shi, Orange, Spotty, Lee Hyun, Key, Calvin, Chun, Jiro, Hero...
And my past Dookers: Lulu (my heart), Frodo (my old man), MoneyPennies (the first one), ect...
Aswell as all my lost Cats (my beloved Haru, ect..) and Bettas (Stahl the creepy one, ect..)
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluyasha View Post
That is quite alot of room. Your mice must love it.
Yup,they seem to love it.
I used to never use aquariums for mice and would use bins or hamster cages,but I always had escapees. The 29 and 33 gallons I have are too high for them to jump out and are well ventilated,so they make perfect mouse homes.

But on to another note...Clover turned sickly last night. I noticed him late last night hunched over and lethargic. I have separated him from Shamrock,in case it is contagious. This morning he is hunched in his food dish lethargic,eyes tightly shut and not looking good.

I have to make some phone calls now,see if I can get him in anywhere. The only problem is,I cannot get to the vet today!

* Lisa *

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 01:18 PM
Mouse Obsessor

I am so sorry to hear that. I hope he pulls through and you can figure out what is wrong with him.

My Pets: