My Monty! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 01:12 AM Thread Starter

My Monty!

awwh I saw this thread and couldnt help but think of my rat Monty - he was the first rat I ever got and was a very special little guy!

I got him from Petco shortly after my first big breakup with my 2 year boyfriend, I named him C. Montgomery Burns because when he would clean his little whiskers I swear I could hear him go "Excellent!" lol
I would have him out of the cage for hours - he was somehow automatically potty trained - I to this day dont know how he knew but he always went to the bathroom in his cage. He would follow me literally everywhere - he was my constant companion!

I will never forget the day I got him at the petshop the employee opened the cage and all these pure white rats scattered and hid and there he was - standing on his hind legs as if to say - here I am take me home - he had a bit of a sneeze / wheeze so he had been left behind from an earlier litter I fell in love immediately. On the drive home we bonded - he crawled down into my t-shirt and poked his head out and made these little clittering sounds - it was like he was talking to me - introducing himself.

I was able to have 3 amazing years with Monty before he passed away from old age - I will never forget when I first discovered blood in his urine and knew it wouldnt be much longer that I would have with him - I was so sad - he slept with me those last few days - after he passed I wasnt even able to clean up his belongings my mother had to come over and take care of everything. I missed almost a week of work - I was inconsolable.

Now I am able to remember the good times I had with him all the memories and pictures - he was the best pet I had ever had up to that point - now I have sugar gliders - and they have a considerably longer life expectancy - thank goodness (15 years or so) so it will be a long while before I have to go through a loss like that again, but I will never forget my precious Monty!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 01:33 AM
Amateur Zookeeper

I'm sorry for your loss He sounds like a sweetie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 11:26 AM
RAT ADDICT

Awww,he sounded like a sweet rat.

Their lifespan is too short and it is hard when they ALL go,but I could not live without rats I found out.They are my passion,so I just make the best of the time I have with them.

I used to have a mouse named Monty too...

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Oh really that is funny - Monty is a good rodent name - makes me think of Montgomery Jack Cheese too - lol I used to have mice as well - actually my little brother had mice - he had a big fat one he called Molly - then there was a black one he called blackie - lol real origional huh? ha ha Blackie was a fast little bugger though - would escape at every opportunity - oh and poor Molly one time my brother was "introducing her" to our large golden lab/german shephard cross (he is a big black dog though) and he in one instant totally put her in his mouth- scared the living daylights out of all of us - we all yelled at him "Drop it!!" luckily he did - poor Molly was in a bit of a daze - Im sure she went back to the cage that night and said to the other mice - you will never believe where I was earlier today - lol - that was a close call!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

You made tears well up in my eyes, x.x That's such a sweet story..
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

he sounded like such a sweetie!

Tags
rat