Photos! My Multi-Mammate mice - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 04:37 PM
Playful Pup

I would say get another colony if they are attacking the babies ,My way of looking at it is if they are not good parents then why keep them hopefully the rest all do fine ,I have a mom that just ate her 3 new babies and she is going to be fed off if she eats the next babies .I am glad that one is still alive of your baby's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Playful Pup

asf's multi 's

I have had my first colony since oct and talk to them daily and touch the daily they have 34 babies and all are doing well they are very nice to have and we have had no fights between anyone
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 05:02 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

No offense, carebears1, but didn't you read what happened? The mama's cage mates attacked the babies, not the mom. And I can't personally justify your plan on feeding your mama who ate 3 of her babies to something, if she eats any more? I can understand your logic, but I think it's definitely flawed. For one thing, mamas have a good reason to eat their babies - as long as they're not stressed out, they eat the babies typically because they sense something is wrong with their offspring; and it's more humane to eat the ill babies and derive the nutrition out of them to feed the healthy, thriving babies to grow up big and strong, than it is to give ill babies their precious, sometimes limited milk, who may not survive anyway. It's survival of the fittest, even in the domesticated world, and the ill just don't go very far. So your mama is being a good mom.

Better to be killed and eaten, then starved and wasted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 05:16 PM
Playful Pup

asf's

I am simply saying that the ones that attacked the babies are obviously not good breeders or for that matter not a good colony member .So if it were me and one of mine i would give it one more try and if the same thing happens she will be fed off .
I have a runt in the cage with the parents and no one ate that one because it is different (naked) so if the one is not a good mom I am not going to keep it
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 11:05 PM
Newborn Pup

you both have good points.but i wouldnt feal right whith feeding them to someone becouse they like to be pet and talked to. so i still think they should just not be given the chance to hurt and kill any more babies
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Newborn Pup

Exclamation help my baby natals are are all dead exept for one and i need you to tell me how to y

please help me my baby natals are all dead exept for one and the mo has no milk please tell me how to take care of him please please.its a emergency.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Playful Pup

babys died

I am sorry to hear that you have lost your babies ,If i had to guess without seing them i would say that it was not the mom and she didnt produce any milk and also if you touched them they may have killed them off .
Again so sorry to hear that you just have the one left

Tags
mice, multi-mammate, rats