My New Martin's Playpen :) oh and meet ALL my rats too ;) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

My New Martin's Playpen :) oh and meet ALL my rats too ;)

A whole pile of incredible online ratfriends from another forum all decided to surprise me with a large Martin's Playpen. They all pitched in and collected money to buy me a Martins Playpen, to thank me for some of my good deeds recently.

I don't know how I lived without one before since I have 7 cages, meaning 7 Out times per day. Plus the Wildthings were soo difficult to have Out, since they are rather difficult to handle, and I could only have them out in my bathroom, since they can jump 2' corplast barriers with ease.

Sooo here is my new Pen...AND you can meet my crew

from above with the Baby Cage

Bronwen my sweet sweet girl

Angel and Megan, Bronwen's 2 daughters from her oops litter this summer.

Tosca on the wire (Cleo's sister and my first dumbo...they don't go thru Canadian rescue much)

from bottom to top, clockwise - Kismet (oops litter adoption), Talli (old neglected helter girl adopted a few months ago), Cleo (oops litter adoption) and Fayth (rehomed snake baby rat).

to be continued....

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

And my fav pic, baby rat magnets...we must be opposite poles since wherever I went they were stuck on the cage

The Wildthings
Bear - Bronwen's son from my oops litter this summer (adopter bailed on him :O)

Tucker (Bronny's other son) and Rennie (rat mom who was found outside and caught and had babies in Ottawa...no one helped the poor non-rat woman there so I helped her from afar and ended up taking some of them in). We are almost positive her babies are 1/4 to 1/2 wild. The brother/father went to an experienced rat owner and he is completely wild and unhandleable.

Teya - Rennie's very timid little girl

Beni - Rennie's most socialized boy (he's the best of the group for handling but has his moments )

to be continued....

- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 08:24 AM

Cute rats. I really like the one that is all black.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 08:32 AM

all are very cute! i like!!!
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Ortiz my biggest Renling who is very very scared and always has Freedom on his mind...

Selene and her Gurls
Selene (huuuge PEW girl...fought a horrible skin disease this summer, and gained huge amounts of weight from the 5 months on meds, then she always ends up with sick/old rats that need "feeding up".
Portia and Ariel - part of the Stratford theme park rescue, poor little things came from horrible negectful conditions where they were being secretly and randomly bred to feed the zoo animals.
Sadly Ariel is now suffering with PT (pituitary tumour) and most likely abdominal masses, so she will be with me for a limited time. . She's only 14 months old, but thats what indiscriminate breeding can do.

My Oakville HS girls
These 2 sweeties were to be euthanized the next day if no one took them in. No fault of their own just overcrowding at the shelter. So "sucker stamp" me.
Faline my fawn hooded slightly tilty girl and Dolci her more timid pearl merle hooded sister

My single girls. I've had them living with others but its very very hard to do, and then the cagemates passed and they really do hate other rats. Not ideal but I know the bloodbath they can provide.

Moth (my last petstore purchase)

Hestia (shelter girl about to be euth'd for nipping)

to be continued...

- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

And lastly the Horde...

Residents;
Brie - sweet brave hoodie girl adopted from high-kill shelter girl, found her with huuge lumps on her throat, thought it might be SDA! Went thru all the precautions, and it turned out to be throat abscesses which were lanced and treated. *whew*.
Dilbert - adopted as a 3 week old orphan, that was bought as herp food and then the guy decided he was too cute and was going to "let him go" in the woods!!!
Valora and Vesta - 2 baby shelter girls adopted when the shelter was overflowing
Kamali and Kyrie - 2 sweet sister from a rescue in New Brunswick, they went on a very long ratty train to make it to new adopters in Ontario.
Aura - mom to 6 week old babies about to be euth'd in high kill shelter
Lucine, Zuri, Prima and Terra - the daughters all grown up now
Asha and Adia - I helped rehome 10 rats for a girl leaving the country, these 2 hoodies never got adopted, so they stayed.

The Horde in the Pen

Their fav corner (Mom's computer is right there)

Dilbert wants to be closest

Valora uses all her means to hang on

Bunch of the Horde in the basket

Hope you enjoyed this!

- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Salamander Burgermuffin

wow.. thats alot of rats! how many are there total? however do you remember there names? heh im sure there all happy no matter what you call them.. they sure are cute!
i think my fav pics are the ones of moth and bear alone.. is there something wrong with Faline's eye? or was she winking?

there play yard looks like a lot of fun, how long do you leave them to play in it? i'd love to see there cage set ups too..

My Furry Family
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 09:56 AM

That's a great pen for your rats!

Great pics! I love Bronwen she's so cute!!
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 09:57 AM

Beutiful rats!
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelnstuff
wow.. thats alot of rats! how many are there total? however do you remember there names? heh im sure there all happy no matter what you call them.. they sure are cute!
i think my fav pics are the ones of moth and bear alone.. is there something wrong with Faline's eye? or was she winking?

there play yard looks like a lot of fun, how long do you leave them to play in it? i'd love to see there cage set ups too..
I have 34 rescue rats (I think I can consider Moth a rescue since she is a bit of an aggressive girl and would've got dumped at a shelter eventually after someone else bought her ) The hardest to tell apart are all the agouti's in the Wildthings cage, they are very similar.

I have them in the Playpen for an hour or so every day. But not every day. Sometimes they get the run of the bedroom or the livingroom for a change, except the Wildthings, they only get the bathroom or the Pen. Bear and Tucker and sometimes Rennie get out elsewhere occasionally.

Bear is an incredible little guy...he was sweet from day one. He is also very much a star when it comes to pics.
Here he is at 9 days old

and at 20 days old

When his and Tucker's adopter bailed, I let myself fall in love.

Faline had her eye closed against Dolci's whiskers sticking into her face.
Here she is with two eyes (you can see her mild tilt here)

- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower Girl
That's a great pen for your rats!

Great pics! I love Bronwen she's so cute!!
I'll let Bronny know that someone thinks she's cute! She is an incredible little girl. She was at a high-kill shelter that my rescue friend and I were going to pick up 3 ratboys to rehome. I checked the ir petfinder account to make sure there were no other rats there. Sigh. She was in a tiny hamster cage, only about 3 months old. I reached into her cage to pat her (expecting a nip at the least) and she instead leaned into my stroking her cheek. I was a good girl and said goodbye. THEN the shelter manager said "you sure you don't want that one too? She's a stray that was found in a backyard and once her stray period is up, we will euthanize her". I asked when that period was up. "Tomorrow"...so Bronwen came home with me, and a week and a half later gifted me with 13 wee babies.
She is my favourite rat out of my entire crew and is very in tune with my feelings and I with hers. *heart*

- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

awwwwwww very adorable, you have such a big heart

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

They're so adorable. I remember you from another forum but I can't place which one (it could be all of them...lol)

*Missy*
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 02:07 PM
Still Waiting

Oh how adorable! I love them all! That is a great pen You must have done an awful amount of great deeds to get that hehe It looks like your ratties enjoy it very much. Bear absolutely stole my heart.

Rest in peace my sweet babies; Sweetie and Butterz.
You will forever be missed
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Title Thief Victim

Wow..thats alot of ratties! Sure glad they have you!

There sooo beautiful!

Carissasaurus Rex

Tags
cage bars, chew toy, chew toys, hamster cage