Photos! my new mice :) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

my new mice :)

i think the girl is on the left in this picture lol

girl in my hand and boy below

girl again

boy. notice the chip in his ear

Running together lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 02:27 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

They are beautiful mice! So sweet! But you have a boy and a girl...she will get pregnant if you keep her and the boy together?

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

i know. im breeding them

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 02:33 PM
Zoo Keeper

its really not good for her to have lots of litters 2- 3 in her life ( spaced out) is the best to do if you insist on breeding them

Proud Mommy to-
Cat: Emma
Rats: Apollo, Yuki, Ember, Mei
Hamsters: Kodi, Bear, Koda, Abbi

post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Oh, you are breeding them. As the other poster said, it is not good for females to have babies repeatedly. Are you using this pair of mice as breeders for feeder mice for a snake or something??

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Zoo Keeper

its kinda sad since mice are SO sweet people dont think about it. Wouldnt you feel bad if a dog was made to produce babies constantly. We hate puppy mills so why is it ok to over breed mice?

Also I am willing to bet they are brother and sister or at least related

Proud Mommy to-

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Agreed. Not only is it cruel, but it is not needed. From the snake people I have talked to in the past, live feeding is not neccessary. If someone on the forum wants to show pictures of their feeder mice, then they are on the wrong forum.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Zoo Keeper

This is not an attack just PLEASE consider what you are doing. I understand that snakes need food but these are not pets if you are using them to produce feeders. also one male and one female is kinda mean males ALWAYS want to mate. you could keep the male by himself in a ten gallon keep three females in the 20 gallon and introduce a female to the male when you are low on feeders. There are many ways to do this better if you want to do it. Also more females will help her raise the babies.

Proud Mommy to-

post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 04:28 PM
is a little "special"

They're cute!

She had another thread of feeder breeding, and I'm 99% sure she plans on humanely euthanizing the babies first. IMO, raising your own feeders is better for the mice involved since they will have attention and a humane death (assuming they will indeed be well cared for), instead of living in a factory and potentially being killed in violent ways. I'm not sure if either of you have visited reptile stores or shows/expos, but the conditions those mice are kept in are much MUCH worse than this. And remember, if you have any kinds of carnivorous pets or if you eat meat yourself, there are plenty of cute innocent animals dieing for that purpose too. Feeder breeding is much less cruel than those industries are.
Just sayin'.

I agree on getting multiple females and housing the male seperately though.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladina View Post
Oh, you are breeding them. As the other poster said, it is not good for females to have babies repeatedly. Are you using this pair of mice as breeders for feeder mice for a snake or something??
im homeschooled. so theyre a school thing, but im also going to feed their babies to my snake, maybe try and sell a few and keep at least one as a pet.

post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliriyanna View Post
its kinda sad since mice are SO sweet people dont think about it. Wouldnt you feel bad if a dog was made to produce babies constantly. We hate puppy mills so why is it ok to over breed mice?

Also I am willing to bet they are brother and sister or at least related
one is from petco one is from petsmart so i doubt theyre brother and sister

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
This is not an attack just PLEASE consider what you are doing. I understand that snakes need food but these are not pets if you are using them to produce feeders. also one male and one female is kinda mean males ALWAYS want to mate. you could keep the male by himself in a ten gallon keep three females in the 20 gallon and introduce a female to the male when you are low on feeders. There are many ways to do this better if you want to do it. Also more females will help her raise the babies.
how are they not pets just because im breeding them? and this does seem like an attack imo

post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Zoo Keeper

Just the toll it will take on her body will extremely shorten her life span.

The better way to breed is a female trio in the 20 and keep the male in a ten and when you want to breed one put her in with the male so they get time off and space between litters, and you have more control. You rotate the females breed one then another then another then back to the first. This is much easier on their bodies.

Also I dont consider breeders pets because you will have to kill their babies so you cant bond with them and the babies and kill their young

Proud Mommy to-

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
They're cute!

She had another thread of feeder breeding, and I'm 99% sure she plans on humanely euthanizing the babies first. IMO, raising your own feeders is better for the mice involved since they will have attention and a humane death (assuming they will indeed be well cared for), instead of living in a factory and potentially being killed in violent ways. I'm not sure if either of you have visited reptile stores or shows/expos, but the conditions those mice are kept in are much MUCH worse than this. And remember, if you have any kinds of carnivorous pets or if you eat meat yourself, there are plenty of cute innocent animals dieing for that purpose too. Feeder breeding is much less cruel than those industries are.
Just sayin'.

I agree on getting multiple females and housing the male seperately though.
thanks theyre really nice i never knew mice were so nice
and thank you for explaining all that, lol. i know i wouldnt have been able to explain it that well

post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Just the toll it will take on her body will extremely shorten her life span.

The better way to breed is a female trio in the 20 and keep the male in a ten and when you want to breed one put her in with the male so they get time off and space between litters, and you have more control. You rotate the females breed one then another then another then back to the first. This is much easier on their bodies.

Also I dont consider breeders pets because you will have to kill their babies so you cant bond with them and the babies and kill their young
why cant i bond with them?

Tags
black, couple, mice