My new Rattie Rosemary - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

My new Rattie Rosemary

This should be the tale of the rat that never was....

I got a rat for my birthday. In a round about kind of way, we asked a friend to pick her up, and we would pick her up from her.....well as it turns out, I get neither my rat, or my money back, and she gets both.

We had to rent a car to drive three hours, to find out that she couldn't be bothered to tell me she wasn't meeting me today, and she never gave me her new number or address...I'm so disappointed, I've litterally been crying all afternoon. The worst part is, she tells me she's keeping my money because she can't afford to take care of one more rat right now, so she'll need all of her money to do just that. She has 12 other rats....anyways...I can't wait for this week to be over, I can't take anymore rattie related bad news!

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath."
~W.C. Fields
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 11:01 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I'm so sorry. That's terrible. I hope you can find her somehow ):

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 08:31 AM
RAT ADDICT

Thats horrible!
That girl should give your money back and/or the rat.What gives her the right to keep both? It does not sound fair.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Apparently I am making ridiculous demands on her time. You know, with me doing all the work, I've rented the car, I have to pack my 20 month old daughter into a car for eight hours (round trip), and now since I've refused to deal with her anymore-she wanted me to come down next week, and won't, since she has changed the meet date four times already, but now she wants to keep money because "she can't afford to take care of one more rat right now" so since she now has to care for Poor Rosie for the rest of her life....she needs to keep the money! I am thinking PayPal will tell her otherwise!

~W.C. Fields
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

You Go Girl. If I greed to pick up something for you that you payed for and was yours youd be getting it even if I had to strap a ricket to my a** to get it to you. POINT if you payed for it and its your you get it.
PLus i know that was the rat you had been wanting for a long time and was waiting for that rat for a while.
Thats ok Tattoie had a baby come up missing adn I had only left my doctores opointment and when I can back there was only 4 babies and their is no way it could have gotten out or eaten in a half hour. And the only person that was visiting was a good frined (having marrige issuses) but he left before we did.
So last night I got a call from some one saying they found a baby rat and they tryed feeding it and they knew I had a nuring female to come get it. I was like what color how big? they siad it will fit in a spoon and is dark no hair its wild I was like I can put a wild rat in with tame ones it could be sick and make the others sick.
Also its rare around here to find a baby rat Mice oh yeah all the time but even seeing a wild rat is rare in my area.
I keep having people or some one breck into my house steeling my pet food and my food. and I found a small screw driver out side that they must have droped. ( you can jimmy are locks with them and a credit card) So I called the cops and told them i found the people and they siad they couldnt do anything. So I called the people back told them to bring it over I would see what I could do and hand feed it. When they arived I seen was Tatttoies babys which died later on becuase it was to week and now I have to pay a fine for like 50 bucks for nocking the chick out and for causing her man to fall over backwards. when I went after them. that is attually cheep compared to 200 that it should have been but they put down it was out of self defence becuase they can handel stolen pets like rats and the SPCA has nothing like that here even when some one abando my 2 rats they got and moved they could not do anything.
But Tweedle dont worry those who do things against you will have bad things happen to them and she is not a frined if she did that.
Diamond
PS I dont get why some one would want to steel a rat let alone pick up a rat that was payed for and more less steel it. Could the breeder of the rat do anything that you got the rat from?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Not really a whole lot T can do from NYC...considering we are six hours from Phillym and another two hours from NYC, and she doesn't drive, I did let her know, so I'm not certain of what she'll do.

~W.C. Fields
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

That was really low of her to do. I know how much you wanted that rat.
Diamond
That was your dream rat.