my pet mice have developed bumps, HELP me! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

my pet mice have developed bumps, HELP me!

someone please help me, I have two female white mice who are about a year old and they have developed little red scratches or bumps on their tails. I have no idea what its from but they seem to be getting worse. They don't seem like they are in any pain and they are still running around and playing like normal. What about I do?? I'm really worried!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I'm not an expert on mice, but from what I've read about rats with similar problems, it could possibly be mites... I'd take them to the vet just to be sure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

I've checked their bodies and I haven't seen anything abnormal. The bumps are only on their tails. Do you think it could still be mites??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 02:11 AM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

Posibly it could be. I would go to the vet. you can also google mice mites and lice and see what pops up. They have pictures on some sites that show what it looks like. their is a thread here called mice and rat info try some of them out they may have it on some of the links or posibly have links to that sorta stuff.
Diamond
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 09:20 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica11327 View Post
I've checked their bodies and I haven't seen anything abnormal. The bumps are only on their tails. Do you think it could still be mites??
Mites are not visible with the naked eye, so it could definitely be mites.

Maureen

Six new rats
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

thanks everyone! I called the vet and he said to put Neosporin on their tails. I have been the past couple days but they just eat it off.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

You should speak to a vet who is qualified to treat small animals. Your vet should be trying to find the source of the problem, not just treat the symptoms.

Maureen

Six new rats

Tags
bumps, mice, mouse, scratches, tail