My rat escaped :( - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

My rat escaped :(

I have 3 pet rats. Wasabi, Squid, and Sushi.
When I got home from work today, Sushi was missing! I have looked all around the house and can't find him. I know he's around somewhere though.
Will he turn up soon?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 08:45 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Where did you put them when you were at work? Is there a hole in their cage or a loose door that they could have opened? If so, you'll need to fix this asap. Try looking behind and under furniture, since rats like to burrow and hide--especially when they are scared. Also, put out some of Sushi's favorite treats and call his name as you are looking for him. Hopefully you'll find him soon, but make sure to carefully check their cage for any escape spots, or else the others might get loose too. Good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

I was keeping them in a really old cage that had a loose door. After work, I went to a pet store and bought them a new cage just for this reason. He still has not turned up, but I'll definitely try to put out some treats. Thank you for your help!

Lacie

3 rats

14 mice

3 snakes

4 cats

2 dogs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I had a ratty named Squid too! I miss him so much!!

I recommend that you close all the doors and block off different areas of the house as much as possible. Put out some treats in each room/area. When you see that one of the piles has been touched you'll know he's in that area of the house. I really hope you find him!

Maureen

Six new rats
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Great news! I found him this morning! I woke up and saw his head peeking out the bottom of my dresser. He is back in his new cage with Squid and Wasabi.

Lacie

3 rats

14 mice

3 snakes

4 cats

2 dogs
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Yay!! So glad he's back safe and sound. Hopefully that will be his last "adventure" on his own!

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 09:14 AM
Playful Pup

woot. grats with the find!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

yay! i'm so happy! happy ending

Tags
escape, rats