My Rat Is Very Vocal... Is That Bad? - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentz
I dont understand, all those things you just described are signs of a URI.
I must say. You irritate me very badly. You do not seem to read what I write, or at least pay attention and comprehend it. Of course all those things I listed are signs of an URI. I said she DOES NOT HAVE THEM. I am not stupid. If she had any of those signs I would have rushed her to a vet.
Her squeaking, trying to mimic my noises, and making strings of squeaks (what I call her singing) when I give her a treat are NOT signs of an URI. She is not telling me something's wrong. She is showing me that she is happy I am paying attention to her. When she is in her cage she is quiet, when I put her to my ear there is no sound, you can barely hear her breath, that is how clear her lungs/sinuses are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeyman
Can you record these sounds for us somehow? That'd be hilarious if you were some natural phenomenon and could hear frequencies that we can't, and when you uploaded the sound file it's blank to us.

Actually, some of the squeaks and chatters that she makes I can hear but my boyfriend can't. So who knows.

And just for your peace of mind, though it should not matter to you especially since I was right. I took her to PetCo today when the vets were there. After the vet looked at her he asked me why I brought her in. He said NOTHING was wrong with her. He said that some rats talk a lot (she made the noises for him because I talked to her and pet her) and some do not. He said that her noises were not signs of an URI and she was perfectly healthy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

mine does chat with me to she makes a squeeky wistle thing some times when i am holding her next to my face or shes snuggling under my chin and gives kisses

Glad your rat is healthy...

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Kendalle; 04-15-2007 at 09:57 PM.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 10:41 PM

rodentz is our resident PT grandma, without her we'd be lost. She beats me regularly with a baseball bat because I'm a horrible pet owner! I must say, however, the discipline she dishes out has shaped me into a respectable young man. [/sarcasm]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 12:05 AM
Will It Ever Change?

eventually everyone gets put in their place, reminded of their boundaries, of RESPECT and how to treat people with it

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 12:40 AM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Let's not turn this into a debate please.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda

post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder
eventually everyone gets put in their place, reminded of their boundaries, of RESPECT and how to treat people with it
I am not sure what you mean by that (mainly who you are referring to). But, I was respectful. I am just annoyed that she comments on something she does not even read correctly. By her saying, "I dont understand, all those things you just described are signs of a URI." she's basically telling me that I am dense and do not care for my rat.
Also, she assumes that because my rat talks that she is sick. Which she proved not to be. So that is the end of it. There shouldn't be any more problems.
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 06:09 PM

this is not a debate, I read what you said, the things you said she DOES sound like URIs. You came here wanting to know if she was sick, when we said yes you didnt like that answer because you dont want to take her to a vet, thats your problem, when she dies, thats also your problem, I gave you what you asked for. HEALTHY RATS DO NOT SING!!!!!! they do not make nioses regulary.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentz
this is not a debate, I read what you said, the things you said she DOES sound like URIs. You came here wanting to know if she was sick, when we said yes you didnt like that answer because you dont want to take her to a vet, thats your problem, when she dies, thats also your problem, I gave you what you asked for. HEALTHY RATS DO NOT SING!!!!!! they do not make nioses regulary.

The only one I am debating with is you. Since you do not read my posts. I will say for the last time. I listed a bunch of symptoms for an URI that SHE DID NOT HAVE. You think she has them all. I said SHE DOES NOT HAVE THEM. So now that that is cleared up lets move on.
And, I did take her to the vet. If you would have read my other posts. He said I wasted my money. He said she is just talking, that she is as healthy as can be. And I said her singing noises was a bunch of squeaks put together so I called it singing. And the vet, which you clearly are not, said some rats do talk a lot. As long as it is not symptoms of a URI they are fine.
Now, please. Leave me alone. Go find something better to do with your time.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 02:16 PM

post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Guarded by Waffles

This does seem to have turned into a debate, and thats all I'm saying. If you don't want to take your rat to the vet that is your decision but please don't ask for our help then ignore it.

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by APoetCalledAnya
And just for your peace of mind, though it should not matter to you especially since I was right. I took her to PetCo today when the vets were there. After the vet looked at her he asked me why I brought her in. He said NOTHING was wrong with her. He said that some rats talk a lot (she made the noises for him because I talked to her and pet her) and some do not. He said that her noises were not signs of an URI and she was perfectly healthy.
It seems she has taken the rat to the vet so I'm going to close the thread so there's no further debate.

Rhonda

Closed Thread

Tags
animal cruelty, guinea pig, male mice, pet owner, pet store, red eyes, respiratory infection, upper respiratory infection