My Rats - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 01:13 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Yeah thats what I was thinking also. I didn't know male rats could get mammory tumors. This is my first male to ever get any lumps though in all the years i have had rats. So maybe it is cancer...well its getting removed. I can't afford to do another surgery, nor would i wanna put such a tiny critter under so much stress multiple times so I hope no more pop up.

20 Rats
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3 Gerbils
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1 Hamster

21 Fish

1 Rabbit

2 African Dwarf Frogs

5 Cats

Me, My hubby and My Zoo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 08:06 AM
RAT ADDICT

I would love to see pictures of your ratties.

I currently have 12 and will be getting a 13th tonight.After the little one tonight,I am going to stop....unless one reaaallly needs a home.The girl tonight needs to be rehomed or who knows what will happen to her.Apparently she is a biter too and the owner cannot find any other good home for her and knows I have many yrs experience,so she wants me to take her.

I used to have over 30+ rats.It is a lot of work,but in the end it is worth it.

Good luck with Prince.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 08:10 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Not a stupid question at all...male rats do have mammary tissue as well, but they don't get the mammary tumors very often because they just don't have the estrogen to drive them.

I have a boy here with a mammary tumor. Just close your eyes, feel it and pretend you are not holding a boy...

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

just like men can have breast cancer!
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

oh thats very interesting and a good thing to know. It looks like a finger too, doesnt look like any of the mammory tumors my girls get. But then again hes a boy so...yeah lol. His surgery is coming up soon. I think the 16 or 17 of this month??? Thats the quickest I could get him in unfortunatly.

20 Rats

3 Gerbils

1 Hamster

21 Fish

1 Rabbit

2 African Dwarf Frogs

5 Cats

Me, My hubby and My Zoo

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 05:51 AM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

I hope all goes well for him and yes i totally forgot about males being able to have MT like girls. Its all in my notes but I have been so stressed and busy with Knee sugery coming up which is this tuesday and making shure jon can handel all the stuff over night if I have to stay and for a couple days if I am outof it, its not going to be like a cold were I can take meds an be ok for a bit to help, I am gonna be layed up for 8 good months. well I can get around but 8 months to a year or theropy but 3 weeks down with the stiff and sorness. and I havent been on here a lot and proaly wont be to offten for a while so there will be lots of reading and catchign up but I love to read.
But yes males can get MT like females as spaz said but not a commen. Tweedel I hope that is not what he has I know you have been having lost pass latly due to age and PS rats that you rescued in poor conditions and i hope that your little guy ratprincess turns out ok and all is fine after he gets his sugery. wish you all godo luck.

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 07:36 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

If this boy has a mammary tumor, its not a big deal. When tumor's pop up on boys I often think of malignant masses which is much worse

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

yeah it hasnt grown much at all, very very slow growing and doesnt seem to be affecting him. I just wish the date for his surgery would get hear. I worry and freak out because there just to much time and I hope nothing happens. I am gonna feel horrible if he doesnt make it through his surgery as well. See I am already freaking out. I always think of the worse case scenarios and I always think that will happen. Hes 1 1/2 years old, he might be a tad older I am not sure. I have had him a year and when i got him and his brothers the girl said they were 6 months old. But who really knows if thats true or not.

20 Rats

3 Gerbils

1 Hamster

21 Fish

1 Rabbit

2 African Dwarf Frogs

5 Cats

Me, My hubby and My Zoo

Tags
rats