Photos! My rats at last - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 04:39 AM Thread Starter

My rats at last

Some pics of my rats

first up the two sisters, who have been bred, these two are very cheeky, and always stick their heads over the side of the tank when you open it looking for treats, they love being hand fed!
One of them is not very well right now, but we are keeping a close eye on her.

Heres the male with one of the female, hes a soppy boy, had him since he was about 6 weeks old, he was quite nervous and was a little weezy, but hes doing great now as you can see, he no longer has weezing and hes very calm when being handled and friendly

Here is our females litter, they gave birth the same night, which was good as they took turns looking after the big litter, so neither became overcome!

Female checking up on them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 04:40 AM Thread Starter

This was the same litter a short while after

and this is my baby girl who i decided to keep, shes lovely, this is a fairly old pic, she is adult now and nearly full grown, but i love this pic so much!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 05:27 AM

your rats are adorable! such little cuties. thanks for sharing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 08:42 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Awesome pics!! I just wanna grab 'em out off the screen and cuddle them!! It's so sweet how the momma's took turns so each could rest a bit! Thank you so much for sharing your babies with us!!

Mandy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 12:15 PM

omg, there so sweet!
I love babies!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Jird Jostler

Awwwww

I'm Georgia,
I drive like a rally driver.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Too cute! Were you not worried about the mums fighting over the babies at all? My 2 litters were born 9 days apart and both mums coped brilliantly and then i mixed the litters when one litter was 4 weeks and the other 5 weeks purely because they were outgrowing thier cages so i had to put them in my rat explorer cage with my adult females!! Both mums began to share feeding times and now only 1 mum feeds coz the bigger babies are now 6 weeks and have given up needing mum's milk apart from the odd occasion when they feed off mum number 2!! xx

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

I haven't had a problem so far, both had fairly large litters 10 and 15 to be precise! so with 25 babies all of the exact same age, the females i think use to welcome the help, and while one rested or ate the other took over feeding, i now have the 3 females together and it works even better, they have all successfully raised litters together at the same time the male is seperate at the moment as we are done breeding for a while and giving the girls a well deserved rest, but he loves them and the young'uns, he has the last 4 babies in with him for company and he adores them, they all play together and the kids like to play with his tail, hes a big boy, but so gentle with them!
But i suppose that can only be a good thing with breeding, hopefully the babies take on his friendly nature

Tags
pet, rat, rattus