My Ratties in Their New Hanging Tube! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Wink My Ratties in Their New Hanging Tube!

Hey guys. Mike and I got this tube for Sundae and Peaches last night and they absolutely LOVE it! The play in it, sleep in it, and climb all over it. When Mike was hooking it up they totally investigated what he was doing and were climbing all over it. They are so inquisitive! He is totally in love with them! Anway, here are a couple of pics. I highly recommend one of these to anyone who has ratties!

Here it is. They are in it btw.

Hope you liked the pics!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 12:19 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Very cute!!!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 12:36 PM
Adolescent Pup

LOL I had that exact tube once. I gave it to my late ferret, he never touched it so I eventually decided to give it to my girl rats. Imagine 8 female rats trying to get in that tube.. lol! it lasted 1 DAY!!! they chewed it down so fast and put it in a corner of the RUUD to sleep on...

Ah well.. that's when I learned to just buy fleece remnants and cut squares out of them. on xmas or special birthdays (like when a rat turns 2 or 3) is when I go out and buy the good hammocks. they just don't last in this house!

2 rats, 2 mini rex bunnies, 2 cats, 1 prairie dog, 4 species breeding millipedes, 23 various different species tarantulas, 2 Heteropoda davidbowie huntsman spiders, 3 Liocheles australasiae scorps, 20+ Hogna helluo wolf spiderlings, etc.

spiders are addictive... and super easy to care for!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonTamer
LOL I had that exact tube once. I gave it to my late ferret, he never touched it so I eventually decided to give it to my girl rats. Imagine 8 female rats trying to get in that tube.. lol! it lasted 1 DAY!!! they chewed it down so fast and put it in a corner of the RUUD to sleep on...

Ah well.. that's when I learned to just buy fleece remnants and cut squares out of them. on xmas or special birthdays (like when a rat turns 2 or 3) is when I go out and buy the good hammocks. they just don't last in this house!
Wow, thats interesting to hear! Mine haven't even attempted to chew it. I guess it just depends on the rat and how many you have.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 12:47 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Yeah, it's adorable! But don't be too disappointed if they do chew it. Rats (like chins) and known for destroying those types of things. Haven't had a rat destroy a Chin Net yet though!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Doomed to be Titleless Forever

LOL, how cute! My rats have chewed many little holes in their hammock...still trying to get used to seeing a paw sticking out of the bottom through one of the many holes.

I might have to get one of those, are they expensive? I've noticed hammocks that are close to $20, and I'm NOT spending that much on something that will get destroyed!

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 01:22 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilSouthPaw
LOL, how cute! My rats have chewed many little holes in their hammock...still trying to get used to seeing a paw sticking out of the bottom through one of the many holes.

I might have to get one of those, are they expensive? I've noticed hammocks that are close to $20, and I'm NOT spending that much on something that will get destroyed!
http://home.earthlink.net/~cutiepeach26/id12.html I make these for rats too and no where near for $20!! That's insane! Rat size goes for $8.00 each plus shipping. I just picked up a bunch of new patterns today too...as soon as I can, I'll get them up there

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 01:39 PM
Adolescent Pup

girls tend to be MUCH more destructive than boys when it comes to hammock chewing.. and I have more girlies than boys

trust me, evetually.. you'll get a chew in there, LOL

2 rats, 2 mini rex bunnies, 2 cats, 1 prairie dog, 4 species breeding millipedes, 23 various different species tarantulas, 2 Heteropoda davidbowie huntsman spiders, 3 Liocheles australasiae scorps, 20+ Hogna helluo wolf spiderlings, etc.

spiders are addictive... and super easy to care for!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilSouthPaw
Well the one in the pic is from Petsmart and it was only $5.99. I got it in the chinchilla/ferret section. I'm also ordering a chin net from Mandie because hers are really good quality, and nice and soft. I'm sure your rats would love them!

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 02:19 PM
Miss New Booty

Awww they are so adorable, they love it!!!! Such a cute little tube!!!!
I know, I need one of those chin nets from Mandie, too! They are so cute!

~* Jackie *~

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 08:15 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face

Steph, I love the tube.. It sounds as if they are going to be very spoilt ratties, but then again, I think everyone on here spoils their pets, which is a good thing.. Good luck ..

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 09:20 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aw, they look so happy!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 10:31 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

Gack! Hey Mandie, I still need to order some of the chin nets from you! Do you take checks at all? I don't do paypal anymore. Just cause of my issues lately.

Karen

[

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 09:19 AM
Suffers from Title Envy

i had a hammock once, but it didnt last a week. my boys chewed the things that connect it to the bars off. i wonder if they were still inside when it broke! i have considered getting another one, now that my boys are nearing 2 1/2 years old i bet they would desire to chew it.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 09:27 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

The pics are adorable!

Tags
female rat, female rats, male rat, male rats