Photos! My Sainted Mice - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

My Sainted Mice

I owned mice for about 3 years. They have all moved on to better mousy pastures, but I thought I'd share a few of my favorites.

This is Slide. She was queen mouse and all the other mice knew it.

Shadow, my sleek little black girl was my favorite. She would sit on my shoulder or in my shirt pocket by the hour.

Dust or Dusty for her feather duster long coat was a pugnacious little tart. She was my noogiemonster. She also was master at the "Spider-pig" maneuver of walking on the underside of the mesh cage lid.

Ash was a dainty little girl. She was a gorgeous satin, and the prettiest dove.

Chewy, obtained with Ash --get it? "Ash-Chew!Bless you!"-- and therefore her "Sister" I had almost the longest. She was certainly the longest lived, surviving until 3 years old. She was HUGE. I wonder if she had a thyroid issue, or if she was just a little piggy. I suspect both. She was ironically named in that she loved to nibble fingers.

Crash passed away this fall, the last of my girls to move on. She lived to be 2 and a half. She was a satin as well, and a blaze, with this little Harry Potter zig zag down her face. She was a territorial little girl and she and her sister Boom were single-handedly the reasons I didn't add any more mice after they reached maturity.

This is Boom, Crash's "Sister". She was my little Boomy. I loved her little black cap. She was probably the prettiest of all my mice, though her personality was a little demon.

Little Spanky. Alas. She was an escape artist. She was one of three mice that didn't make it to old age. She got caught in the lid of the cage making a bid for freedom while my son was helping me clean their cage. But, she was a cute little nutter while she was with us.

Scooter was a favorite of my son. She would ride on his head all day if she had the chance. She was a rescue. In this case, literally. I saw her in a reptile cage in a dusty, nasty pet shop in a back labyrinthine corner. I bonded with her instantly for some reason. She was so fearless. I am somewhat ashamed to say I stole her. I slipped the reptile cage open and stuck my hand in. She ran right to me and jumped in my hand in relief. She lived another year and a half and thumbed her nose at all snakes until the day she died.

Mrs. Puff! Ahh, Mrs. Puff. Another rescue, though in this case not so drastic. A co-worker decided she didn't want to have to feed her daughter's mouse any longer. Mrs. Puff was a kissy little girl. I was glad she came home with me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.

Last edited by Storyseeker; 12-12-2009 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Oops, forgot one mouse!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

They are all sooo cute!! Are you planning on getting more mice?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

I don't plan on it any time soon but who knows? They have a way of demanding a place in your life once you've accepted them there the first time.

I've always wanted rats, but didn't want to keep them at the same time as mice because I'd had people tell me it was stressful for the mice to smell predatory rats all the time. The layout of our house will have prevented me from housing them in separate rooms.

When my my mouse girls got elderly, I got on the waiting list for a private breeder, and my little rat babies are due to come home with me in January. I is very excited.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 07:56 AM
RAT ADDICT

They are all so cute! I love Boom's markings!
And I had a mouse in the past named Scooter too...and one named Shadow which I told you about in the other thread!!

I have both rats and mice and neither of them are stressed and do their own thing.As long as you make sure things are secure,you can have both.I personally prefer rats over mice...but like you said they sort of demand their way in once you had them for the first time...

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 12:26 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

such cuties!! love all the pictures and the stories! specially scooter's!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

Scooter was something else. She's not the only rodent who 'picked' me in unusual circumstances, my little hammy Speedbump did something similar, except he was running lose in the street downtown. The difference though, was that Speedbump jumped in my hand and stayed there placidly. Scooter, I had to catch as she ran up my arm and tried to dive for the next reptile cage, thinking it was freedom. She also bit me in the thumb as I was smuggling her out of the shop. LOL

She calmed down after a couple of weeks home, but I can definately say she had a survivor instinct second to none.

Tags
mice, rip