Photos! My Two New Mice!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Mouse Obsessor

My Two New Mice!!!

With Tempo's passing, I felt an emptiness that could only be filled by mice.
Someone posted an ad saying that they no longer wanted their two female mice. I decided to go for it. So here they are.
Tango, a 1 year old agouti female. And Waltz, a 6 month old black female. They are both soo tiny.
Their cage (came with them):

Waltz:

Tango:

Them together:

They only came with the cage and a small food dish. Luckly I had the wheel, good water bottle, and all the treats. They seem to enjoy their new and improved home very much.
I do not know them very well, but you can tell Tango loves the wheel and the box cave I gave them. And Waltz loves millet spray and seed bars. Also they are both very well tamed. They just let me scoop them up when I took them out to fix up their cage. Waltz even was too afraid to go back in the cage with all the new stuff that she refused to leave my hand. And Waltz is quite the talker, the most squeaky mouse I have ever had. lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Pets:

1 Rat: (Ace)
1 RC Hamster: (Hannibal)
3 Cats: (Tao, Drew, Jak-ke)
2 Ferrets: (Fisher, Georgie)
1 Betta: (Maxwell) + (5 Platies and 1 Molly)
Rest in peace all my little Mice: Tempo, Aaron, Tatiana, Pei, Shi, Orange, Spotty, Lee Hyun, Key, Calvin, Chun, Jiro, Hero...
And my past Dookers: Lulu (my heart), Frodo (my old man), MoneyPennies (the first one), ect...
Aswell as all my lost Cats (my beloved Haru, ect..) and Bettas (Stahl the creepy one, ect..)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 07:20 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Congratulations!! They are adorable--and their cage setup is awesome! Enjoy spending time with your new family members!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Mouse Obsessor

Yeah, the cage is nice. Looks like it was expensive. I got them and their cage kind of free. I traded them one of my Bettas and his setup.

They love to be held. I am giving them the day to settle in, but tomorrow I am thinking of setting them up a playpen.

My Pets:

Rest in peace all my little Mice: Tempo, Aaron, Tatiana, Pei, Shi, Orange, Spotty, Lee Hyun, Key, Calvin, Chun, Jiro, Hero...
And my past Dookers: Lulu (my heart), Frodo (my old man), MoneyPennies (the first one), ect...
Aswell as all my lost Cats (my beloved Haru, ect..) and Bettas (Stahl the creepy one, ect..)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 08:08 PM
Newborn Pup

nice cage

hi I think I have the same cage.is it 16"x12"x20" because that is how big my cage is and I want to put in one Syrian hamster but I've been told here in hamster and gerbil its to small,do you think a Syrian hamster would fit.your mice are cute good luck with them.

mom to christopher,april 2 poms

pebbles,bam-bam 2 parakeets

red girl 1 beta
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 08:11 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

That is terrific! I am so glad that Tango and Waltz have found a new home with you, that is super! They are both just adorable, such sweeties. As Breyer said, enjoy your new family members...two new furry daughters to love. Yay!
It looks like they already love you.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Mouse Obsessor

I just gave Tango a piece of cucumber while she was on the second shelf eating the millet pray. She just sat there for a minute looking at the cucumber, then back and the millet like she could only pick one. So I dropped it next to her and she started giggling her head while holding it like she was too exicted for words. lol
I can tell they already have strong personalities.

My Pets:

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 08:25 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Awww! How sweet is that?? She thought, "Oh WOW, I can have BOTH!!" and got excited. She must be in mouse heaven with her new home and treats.
I love seeing how animals all have their own distinct personalities. So wonderful.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Mouse Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewandererw View Post
hi I think I have the same cage.is it 16"x12"x20" because that is how big my cage is and I want to put in one Syrian hamster but I've been told here in hamster and gerbil its to small,do you think a Syrian hamster would fit.your mice are cute good luck with them.
Well it is a very large cage and the bars are spaced small enough for most rodents. I would say it is fine for a hamster. My only advice would be to buy more shelves to help make sure the hamster does not fall. As they seem to be a little clumsier than mice.

My Pets:

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Mouse Obsessor

Also, Tango has not stopped running on that wheel since I got her (beside her millet moment). It is like she has never been on one before.
Waltz is sleeping right now. She is very happy to have a hide out to sleep in, before she just had to sleep out in the open with her head under bedding.
The sleeping box is cool. I found it for $1 at an LPS. It is a cardboard box shaped like a triangle with two small holes in the front and a divider in the middle on the inside of it. I can hear them chewing it up to fit their tastes.

My Pets:

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 09:02 PM
Zoo Keeper

SO CUTE !!!! I love mice I had a cage set up for them but I rescued a hamster in need of a home
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 09:27 PM
RAT ADDICT

Congrats!

Cute miceys. And Tango looks just like my Spring.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Mouse Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaRat View Post
Congrats!

Cute miceys. And Tango looks just like my Spring.
Cute.
Waltz reminds me of Tempo before she scratched her ears off. Just as sweet a personality too.

My Pets:

post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Mouse Obsessor

So, I have had them for almost a week now and have noticed something with Waltz...I think she has a mental disorder.
So she is a squeaker, I knew that. But sometimes she will be cleaning herself, suddenly stop, shoot her head up like she saw something, then squeak alot and stomp like she is angery at someone who is touching her (but no one is there). And today I saw her, for a good 20 minutes, walk in a circle. Back and forth in the same circle pattern, squeaking. Then she tried to bite the seed bar hanging on the cage and she was biting the air next to it.
She seems healthy otherwise. She has clean fur, clear eyes, she eats good and runs on the wheel. I am just confused.
I had a rat once who was a little crazy. She would stick her own foot through the bars then attack it like it was an intruder.
Waltz is not mean and does not do anything harmful to herself, Tango, or me. She just does weird things that causes me to believe she has some sort of mental disorder.
The person I got her from said they were Petco mice. So it would not be much of a surprise to find out she is a little crazy. As Petco is known for mice with bad genes.

My Pets:

Last edited by Aluyasha; 04-04-2011 at 11:15 PM.
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Zoo Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewandererw View Post
Hamsters need 30 x 12 and just enough height for a wheel.

Your girls are too cute
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 05:29 AM
RAT ADDICT

Hmmm,it is possible she could have some sort of neurological disorder.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *

Tags
cage, mice, mouse, rodent