My Two New Pets!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

My Two New Pets!!

Well.. as maybe you have already read around.. my little mouse, Cheddar, had lost her cagemates Feta and Mozzarella and has been about a month alone. 8( Mice are social, so of course it was my duty to get her a cagemate in order to make her happy. Well.. I went to the petstore looking for a little cagemate for Cheddar and 2 my surprise 2 great candidates shown up. I couldn't decide so I took them both. Now here I am, presenting to you my new babies; Ricotta and Brie. (Steph, I warn you... if you love all types of rodents, stop here right now... cause these two are just too adorable!!!

This is Ricotta.

This is Brie.

Brie showing off her long tail.

Ricotta and Brie together.

Dimaris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

Cheddar made friends with them immediately, and here is the proof:

Cheddar and Brie. Cheddar now looks like a giant mouse with these 2 with her.

Cheddar wth Ricotta.

Mouse pile!! LOL.. I think that Ricotta and Brie think that Cheddar is their mom. They keep getting under her!

And last a cool shot of Cheddar on front and Brie peeking on the background.. inside the coconut.

Dimaris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 07:46 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Ohhhh Brie looks like our Peanut

Great pics and adorable mice!!!!! It's so much fun having more than one

Congrats!

- Deb

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

Oh, Peanut is adorable!!! I love chocolate color!!! LOL.. 8)

Dimaris

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 04:00 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

They are such cuties! I saved a mouse from being fed to a snake last year, although she died on Christmas. She was only a feeder mouse, but she was a great pet and so spoiled! Thanks for sharing! So adorable!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 04:11 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padfoot
(Steph, I warn you... if you love all types of rodents, stop here right now... cause these two are just too adorable!!!
Padfoot! Thanks for warning me. I had to look though! They are adorable. I love their names too. That is so cute how they think Cheddar is their mom! Awww

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 04:33 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

BTW, how do you get such clear pics of them? Mine always come out blurry when I do a close-up shot, and if I use the flash it comes out too bright!

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 05:51 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face

Padfoot love the pics of your new pets.. and the names are really sweet!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 02:31 AM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiegirl
BTW, how do you get such clear pics of them? Mine always come out blurry when I do a close-up shot, and if I use the flash it comes out too bright!
My camera has in the back a little close-up button.. it has a tulip symbol on top of it. I press that and take the pictures close to them, and I use the flash. Also, when taking the pictures through the glass I point the camera in a around 45 degrees angle so the flash doesn't shines back to the camera. I like to take the pictures at their level so you can see their faces.. so often I put the camera inside the cage (if I'm taking the pictures while they are in their cage). I think that the trick is mostly the close-up button cause sometimes I forget to press it and I get blurry pictures.

Once I was doing a gerbil photoshoot using a blue plastic bin that I had cut a piece cause it was meant to be Odie's bathroom (Odie refused to do it there and taught himself to go outside) When I was photographing one of my REW gerbils, Phoebe, the flash shone her fur too much.. so I tried to do it without flash.. and this is what happened:

Weird, isn't it? I could have entered it as POTM cause she was a ghost gerbil.. hehe

Dimaris

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 03:01 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padfoot
My camera has in the back a little close-up button.. it has a tulip symbol on top of it. I press that and take the pictures close to them, and I use the flash. Also, when taking the pictures through the glass I point the camera in a around 45 degrees angle so the flash doesn't shines back to the camera. I like to take the pictures at their level so you can see their faces.. so often I put the camera inside the cage (if I'm taking the pictures while they are in their cage). I think that the trick is mostly the close-up button cause sometimes I forget to press it and I get blurry pictures.

Once I was doing a gerbil photoshoot using a blue plastic bin that I had cut a piece cause it was meant to be Odie's bathroom (Odie refused to do it there and taught himself to go outside) When I was photographing one of my REW gerbils, Phoebe, the flash shone her fur too much.. so I tried to do it without flash.. and this is what happened:

Weird, isn't it? I could have entered it as POTM cause she was a ghost gerbil.. hehe
Wow, that is so weird! I wonder why you can see through her. ? I just discovered the tulip button on my camera tonight before I read this! lol I used it to take the fall pics of Sweet Pea. They came out so much clearer than the pics I took of Snowy, because I took those the other night without pressing that button. Thanks for the suggestions!

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 09:37 AM
Suffers from Title Envy

you new mice are so cute! i miss having mice. although i have rats i think mice are alot more entertaining to watch. at one time i have 4 mice and they would all pile up on the wheel at the same time and all try to run.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 02:08 PM
I Own an Egg Pooper

Smile

Oh! great idea with the tulip button! I never thought of that, cuz mine always come out blurry, too!
Here is a pic anyway, though! hehe

These are Shauna (black and white) and Hailey (camel). My babies!

-Tare

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Proud mom to Halle (dog), Sugar (cat), Tiffany (beta fish), Mango (molly fish), and Macy, Paris, Tessa, & Ruthie (mice).
RIP Kiska... the greatest...
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 04:42 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Aaaawwww what lovely mice and very cute too, i used to have a group of 35 females and they lived in a very big two storey tank and it used to be great watching them all interact and they always welcomed new members seeing your piccies makes me miss them!

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 05:58 PM
Adolescent Pup

Very cute! I just lost my little mouse Fred about a month and a half ago. He was three years old and the sweetest little mouse I've ever owned! I sure did love that fellow. *sigh*

What bedding are you using? Just as a warning, cedar is toxic to small animals.

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

Me or Tare? Well, if the question was to me.. that's aspen.. hehe I know that pine and cedar are very bad for small pets. 8)

Dimaris