Photos! Names: Finally. What do you think? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Names: Finally. What do you think?

I think I may have finally set upon names for my girls.

These are names of Famous Female Pirates

Anne Bonny

Mary Read

Grace O'Malley (Grey) and Charlotte Badger (Black)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Amateur Zookeeper

Cute names Charlotte looks like my black mouse shes so tiny

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 01:05 PM
Hello Earthling

Cute

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 09:20 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I love the names!

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath."
~W.C. Fields
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 06:30 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

cool you have a crew of pirets now. lol.

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Pirates

Thanks. Hopefully they won't commandeer the house. (I'm sure they will though)

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Official Loofah Tester

Beyond awesome! This brings to mind a song(s) by an American folksinger named S. J. Tucker. She did the "Wendy Trilogy", a trio of songs telling the real tale of Wendy, Peter Pan, and Captain Hook. Of how she becomes the pirate Red Handed Jill, takes over Hook's ship and has Pan bring her lost girls for her crew. Though she eventually returns home to England, she leaves her ship in the hands of her first mate.

In honor of your Pirate Ladies, a few of the lyrics to send them dancing on their way:

I will sing you pirate songs and tell you pirate stories
of Wendy when she'd had her fill of Peter Pan and the other Lost Boys

Now, Wendy never was a girl to go against her friends
But recall when Hook had kidnapped her and promised no good end
Surrounded then by pirates and asked to join the crew,
the story goes she told them no, but not all tales are true!

Wouldn't she rather climb the rigging and wield a cutlass bright,
Wouldn't she rather have her own sweet say o'er wrong and right?
"Your decision, girl," says Hook. "You think you'll pass the test?"
The scurvy crew are snickering, but Wendy answers "Yes!
You set me any task, old man, and watch me see it through.
You've never known the likes of piracy a girl can do!" ...<snip>

</snip>...Wendy's ship, it prospers, and the girls are eating well,
A roving band of sisters, singing songs and raising 'ell.
The ship is full of pirates, but each one can keep her head.
Due to this small miracle and thanks to Wendy's pirate school,
Brand new tales of derring-do and Wendy start to spread...<snip>

</snip>...Nearly all the crew let Wendy know they cannot wait
But stoic stand a handful, including the first mate.
Green-eyed Sue before her captain asks to plainly speak her mind:
"It's sooner I'd lay down my life than leave this ship behind!"

"A simple life of growing up is surely not for me.
Working as a sailor's been the first time I am free.
So by your leave dear Captain, I will be a pirate still
And carry on the legacy of our Red-handed Jill!"

Wendy smiles a smile and says "I'll miss you, dearest one.
But as this journey ends I see a new one has begun!
So carry on as admiral and Captain in my stead.
Guide your crew with a steady hand, and always keep your head."

Thus Sue becomes the Captain and begins another tale.
Her bonny crew decide to teach the Lost Boys how to sail.
She rules the fleets of Faerie and she reigns in Neverland,
A pirate queen e'er hatching schemes with Tink and Peter Pan.

Tales are told of Sue and Wendy to keep all girls' brothers kind
Unto their darling sisters. For, if they are a mind
To torment and to torture and to hair-pull and to tease,
One night she might turn pirate and run off to sail the seas!

Source: http://www.skinnywhitechick.com/music.php
From The Wendy Trilogy 1 & 3 on the album "Sirens" (You can youtube it to hear it sung)

Let's hear it for our Pirate Rattie Girls!

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.

Last edited by Storyseeker; 12-25-2009 at 08:21 PM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Pirates

LOL, thanks!! I'm glad some people appreciate it. When I've told my friends what I named them, I get the response, "Why? I still don't get why you have RATS! But why Pirates?"

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Official Loofah Tester

Sighs tolerantly at those befused friends. Sometimes the lost chose to stay lost. Tsk.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Students

I teach 4th grade and my students want me to bring the rats to school. I told them I might but it would be a bit later on. Is this a bad/good idea? I'd want them to be well socialized first and I'd like the temperature to rise some (won't be long down here)

Is it ok for the rats to be in a smaller cage for just one day?

I'm not sure yet about allowing the students to handle them. I'm leaning towards not.

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Official Loofah Tester

I work with young children. I'm leaning towards not myself. If they are very well socialized (the kids and the rats), you might consider it, but at the very least make sure they use hand sanitizer both before they touch the rats, and after they touch the rats.

It seems like if they are well bonded with you, there wouldn't be a problem taking them and keeping them in a carry cage for the short term. People bring their rats to all kinds of places.

The teacher in me is grinning here. What a great tie in to any number science/creative writing/social behavior type lesson plans.

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

students

That's sort of what I was thinking too. Maybe I could just let them crawl around on my shoulders or bring a big playpen box for them and just let the kids look at them.

Unfortunately, I don't teach Science this year, but was going to use it to prompt a writing assignment.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 08:02 AM
RAT ADDICT

I am not into pirates myself,but I am glad your ratties have names!!

As for taking them to school,it is up to you.I take my rats to parks,festivals and places like this to educate them as pets,promote them and show people they are not these evil creatures.I do not let children handle them though,in case they squeeze to hard or something.

You could take them in for a day and let the children look at and watch the rats,but maybe not handle.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 01:10 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

I would let the kids at lest see them. Maybe get maretal together and make fun mazes and obsticals and fun things for the rats put together buy the students. I have let kids and others hold my rats but only the more older well soclized rats like grath tattoie and a few others. Were you could hold them upside down pinch them hold tight and they like a old loyal dog take it. But these are my trusted rats. Not that I dont trust them all but I should say the ones that I know will handel tolerence better then others. Like the thropy dogs are trained to handel kid like situations and not react and some animals personalitys are more tolerale. I dont think they would bite but they would try to get away and I dont want a lose scared rat.
I hate when people say why rats? some that say that grated are horified of them but are interested in asking questions and will go as far a touching and few have braved to hold them. Although I have had some point and say eeeewwww why on earth would you have an ugly evil crecher on you and I laugh becuase I'm a stright forward person and not to nice at times with rudness and say that I would rather look at them then put up with looking at your ugly mug all day. So far only 2 rude people all the rest have been nice but honest nicly that they dont like rats.
I still think the rats names are so cool. You better swab there cage right and get them there grub on time or they'll be muteny and they may make yah walk the plank to ratty jones locker. LOL sorry got carried away there thinking of pirate rat saynigs but there is rat in pirate. Know I am pictureing rats derssed in little pirates cloths singing ratty pirate songs. LOL.
Diamond

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.