Need help finding Breeder in Northern Maryland area, also source for older female - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Need help finding Breeder in Northern Maryland area, also source for older female

Hi, Does anyone know of breeders in the Northern MD area?

I am in Frederick, MD which is about 30 minutes drive to Gettysburg PA, and 45 to Baltimore and DC. Parts of northern Virginia and West Virginia are within driving distance too.

Besides looking for a baby female rat(a Dumbo seems particularly interesting), I am also looking for an older rat who can be a companion for a 20 month old nuetered male named Remo who recently lost his sister and is very lonely. I want to stay with females now because I can no longer afford to have a new rat neutered. That is, unless someone out there can also recommend a vet who does reasonably charged neutering. All that I have contacted are asking well over $100.

My plan is to get Remo an older rat friend and then shortly thereafter get a baby who will then be there to give the newer companion company when Remo passes on.

I have tried the shelters, but they only have males available in the non baby age group. There is one female listed at Petfinders, but she has actually already been adopted.

I would greatly appreciate any help or advice on aquiring these two rats from non pet store sorces as I am worried about the greater likelyhood of bringing an illness home to Remo if I go the store route. I will have to do something soon, as I am very worried about Remos loneliness,

Thanks very much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
female rat, male rat, pet store