Need some help! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
Formerly Known as mya_papaya

Unhappy Need some help!

My cat got into my mouses cage 2 days ago and didnt get a chance to hurt anyone (thank god!) but now my favourite one is loose and theres a hole in my wall that leads straight to the storage room that hes been going through, please i need some help to catch him! hes very smart! i havent let the cat in eather rooms but i cant keep him out of my room forever, thats practically where he lives! and i mis my mousie (lightning)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 03:45 AM Thread Starter

i rigged a shoebox for a little trap and almost caught him but again, he is too smart for his own good! im really stumped!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
i love my lil baby sebastien!!!!! almost 11 months old. baby on the way.......... due april 18 2010..... its a boy!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 04:17 AM
Adolescent Pup

do you know which room he is in? then you can block the hole off so he is only on one room. you could get a humane mouse trap (one that just shuts them in a box) and put his favorite treat in it although that might take some time, other than that i dont know what to suggest. hope you catch him and he is safe and well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 04:45 AM

A bucket, some books, and food, take the books and make a set of steps going up to the bucket (not a deep bucket but enough that he cant get back out) we had this work when the kids hamster got out, the hamster went up and fell in to the food and couldnt get back out

Good luck, I hope you catch him
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 10:11 AM
I Own an Egg Pooper

I own mice and I know your troubles!
They will come back eventually, and the bucket idea is a good one.

-Tare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

Proud mom to Halle (dog), Sugar (cat), Tiffany (beta fish), Mango (molly fish), and Macy, Paris, Tessa, & Ruthie (mice).
RIP Kiska... the greatest...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

i tried something like that, i took an aquarium and i put food and water in it and made a way up by putting a paper towel roll that he used to sleep in up against it, didnt work.
then i cut a hole in a shoebox and stapled a card on the inside and put peanut butter in it, i even tested it on scout, patch, and blackjack (the three smartest ones) they couldnt resist it but lightning as i said is way too smart for his own good!

i love my lil baby sebastien!!!!! almost 11 months old. baby on the way.......... due april 18 2010..... its a boy!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 03:23 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Humane mouse trap with his favourite food in it might be the best idea positioned next to the holes he's nipping in and out through, hopefully he will be in before he notices the doors shut! Or something which he has to climb into but can't get out of like a small bucket!?

Goodluck catching him and let us know if you do

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 05:07 AM Thread Starter

guess wut. while i was sitting at the computer i just had a sudden urge to check on the shoebox, and there was lightning fast asleep in the corner (sleeping in the kleenex i put in there) i finally caught him! now after being reunited with his family he is eating lots, and just practically diving into the food bowl! im so glad i got him back! i missed him so much!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 08:25 AM
Formerly known as Lucy_Madden

awww thank god

My pets:

2 yorkshires (Ankh and Amy)
4 rats (Aaron, Thor, Lee)
1 hamster (Panda)
13 Guinea piggies
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 09:09 AM
Suffers from Title Envy

thats great! i had mice escape on me too. its usally a matter of time. mice seem to be little excape artist (hehe)
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2004, 02:49 AM
Adolescent Pup

aww, im glad you managed too catch him safe and well. :O)

Tags
food bowl