Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Neil and his Egg

3K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  storminstaffs 
#1 ·
Today I gave Neil a boiled egg as a treat. He gets one every so often (an egg not a treat, he gets lots of treats) and ehre are some pics of him with his egg.

Eventually he got hold of it and took it into his house, where he still is eating away.

See less See more
#11 ·
When I first gave Neil one it took him a while to understand it. But now he LOVES them
He likes scrambled egg on toast aswell i have discivered, when he stole it off my plate!

#12 ·
so cute, a bit off the topic, sorry stuieboo, but can anyother rodents have eggs as treats, (hamsters,rabbits, guinea pigs)do they have to be boiled as well, or given raw.hope you dont mind me borrowing you topic but i thought it was pointless starting a new one,:)

#13 ·
You can give boiled eggs to hamsters as a treat sometimes. They're good if the hamster is pregnant or young because they're high in protein. But only give it as a TREAT and not a daily thing. That could be TOO much protein for them.

I'm not sure about rabbits or guinea pigs. I know they can have sensitive diets so I wouldn't try it unless you know for sure.

With the rats I only give them a boiled egg (a whole one anyway) about once a month.

#14 ·
Aww, cute!!! :)

fur_ball said:
so cute, a bit off the topic, sorry stuieboo, but can anyother rodents have eggs as treats, (hamsters,rabbits, guinea pigs)do they have to be boiled as well, or given raw.hope you dont mind me borrowing you topic but i thought it was pointless starting a new one,:)
Hamsters can have eggs...I used to give mine scrambled eggs sometimes.

Guinea pigs and rabbits can't, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.