Nekkids are Strange - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-21-2011, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

Nekkids are Strange

Blog entry cross posting:

Maybe I'm just inexperienced. Maybe mine are just cut a bit outside the cloth, but Blind Melon and Lynyrd Skynyrd are little weirdos. I am going by their given names here in the spirit of exasperated mothers everywhere.

It's all the little things they do, really. Take play time. I stay in the room with them for these and we have a blast, but if I move significantly, they assume I'm going to sneak out of the door without them and they can't have that. I'm immediately mobbed by darting carpet butts, with all of them swarming up my pants legs in a Lilliputian military attack. I know why Gulliver never stood a chance.

It's the nekkids that make the tactical difference. They don't climb. Instead, they pin my feet to the floor. Melon takes my right, and Skinner takes my left. They plop their balls on my toes and grip my ankles with tiny determined death grips. They stare up at me in challenge. I can almost hear the chipmunk ranged voices declaring, "None shall pass!"

So really, once I'm in the room, I'm in for the duration.

Today during playtime, knowing I'll never leave the room, I stretched out on my back on the floor with a book. Melon climbed up my arm onto the book. He stared down at me with a screwed ear expression and then starts eating a page. I flipped the book down and deposited him on my belly and resumed reading. He ascends my arm once more and again starts scalloping the edges of my paperback. I flip him off again. This goes for about four or five rounds. I think I've won. He's just sitting on my chest staring at me...until he bridges my neck to my face, plops his glorious man bits onto my upper lip, and stretches up to resume nibbling. I'm telling you! The pure disrespect for his meal ticket! I raspberry his bazoombas, sending him launching off my face 20 feet--in retrospect not wise on my part given the new claw gash on my cheek--and finally am able to read my book in peace. Though when I glanced over to see what he's doing he has the absolute nerve to look offended.

So then Skinner ambles over to eat some mushed banana. The other rats eat normally. They take a globby mouthful between their teeth, then sit on their haunches, holding it in place while they slurp it up in stages, finishing up by licking their paws clean. Skinner? Nope. The little weirdo snatches up a glob, then holds his front paws out to either side, shaking them frantically anxious that he might possibly soil his 'ittle kid gloves with the nasty mooshy nanner. They never /touch/ the banana they just shake like a toddler who has had a spider land on her feet while he's working his mouth to tongue the wad into his pie hole as fast as he can. Weirdo.

I turn my back on his nonsense, and go back to reading my book, sprawling--more wisely I thought--on my belly. Directly all six rats decide the next topic of interest is the inside of my hoodie sweatshirt, and take turns crawling up the gaps at my waist to spelunk their way out of my opposite sleeve hole and back again. Again, this is not unusual. What becomes unusual is that the nekkids decide that roughhousing in the vicinity of my armpit is the coolest thing ever. Not only this, they squabble and ratball their way all the way through my shirt, squeaking and scrabbling like their butts are on fire. A sensation not unlike setting loose the Tasmanian Devil in my shirt. Eventually things calm down enough that my toes can un-curl and it's time to put my weirdo rats and their brothers back in their collective cage.

The final straw? I'm out to eat tonight and start noticing something pinching my bosom. I check my bra and find a half eaten lab block. Apparently nekkids like temperature controlled storage units.

Nekkid rats are the strangest peoples.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hanging out in the Land of New Feetsies:
Melon, Skinner, Black Pete, Zanna, Custard, Tucker, Jeffrey, Zmei, and Windham.

Last edited by Storyseeker; 01-21-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

HAHAHA!! I love the part at the end about the discovery of the lab block. Amazing! Stanley used to freak out about banana on his hands, too, until he finally realized that the goodness of the food made the stickiness all worth it in the end. But, there was a lot of frantic paw-shaking until he finally gave in! hehehehe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Storyseeker,
Loved the post! I just read it to Marc and he thought it was sooo sweet that Melon and Skinner don't want you to leave the bathroom during playtime. I thought it was really sweet as well, because to us, it shows that they really love you and they don't want Mommy to leave them. So adorable! That must really make you feel so loved. Ahhh, ratties....they are amazing in their capacity to show their devotion to their people.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 10:33 PM
Guarded by Waffles

OH. MY. WORD!!!! Cuteness! You didn't move the lab block did you? You're their storage unit...you can't evict their stuff without proper notice....oh I hope they don't know the law...LOL Sorry had to say it!
That is adorable!

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

LOL Christine! Yep, I agree with Christine, Storyseeker. You can't evict their stuff without proper notice.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 01:17 AM
Guarded by Waffles

OMG! Funniest mental image EVER!!! Can you see the nekkids in court? sorry it's late, I'm weird to begin with but ohhhh its a funny thought! And in Texas it has to be written...granted they'll chew it and say they never got it...OMG I gotta stop! I'm laughing too hard!

Christine
Mommy to:

And the rest:

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Haha, I just got SIX nekkids last weekend and they are a crazy bunch! Still babies and still settling in so I can't wait to see them grow up and get to know their personalities as they emerge.

Good luck with your boys. They sound like a lot of fun!

Maureen

Six new rats
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

Yes, yes I moved it. My only saving grace is their extreme case of ratty ADHD. "What do you mean you moved my lab block, I'm calling my lawy....oh look a squirrel!"

And 6 nekkids Mtmaughan?? I've got two of six...which is like, y'know, only half or something. But 100 percent nekkid? We'll be hearing of your obit soon. "Killed by the cute". LOL

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Guarded by Waffles

Yea...animal ADHD has saved my butt a few times too. I thought that was funny...then that mental image of them in court! Sorry guess you had to see it...I'm glad they have such a good home. Wish we could see them! I bet they're adorable!

Christine
Mommy to:

And the rest:

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Official Loofah Tester

Hahah. I'm having additional unfortunate images of the Chewbacca Defense ratty style.

They're pretty cool little dudes. Here's the thread of the saga of obtaining them (and their new brothers) complete with pics throughout:

http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f16/g...ked-58068.html

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Guarded by Waffles

LMAO oh goodness!

Christine
Mommy to:

And the rest:

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 03:59 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

So I'm wondering now after reading a few other replies to this thread--are naked rats always noticeably different in their personalities? I've only experienced one--my cousin had a female a couple of years ago--and she was pretty normal, but I only saw her a handful of times. It sounds like quite a circus, Storyseeker!!!

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Hahahaha! I looooved reading this story!
I don't think it's just a nekkid thing though, because I recongnize a lot of Louna in that!
Our play time is usually in the bathroom where there is nothing hazardous for her and I can keep a close eye.
I sit down on the floor with her where she runs around making sure everything is in order, and comes back to me to get pet quite a few times. The second I get up she is between my feet and trying to climb up my legs! Same as your nekkids, she puts her back paws on my foot, and then her front legs are grabbing my ankle and she pretends she wants to climb up while looking at me like "nooo, don't abandon me! how could you?!?!"
And the book thing made me laugh so hard! I got an Ipod touch for christmas from my whole family, and it has a sort of rubbery slip on it to prevent scratches. I have Louna with me on the couch and everything's fine until I pick up my Ipod and deviate my attention from her to the gadget. She runs to me, climbs the best she can to get to the Ipod and starts gnawing at the slip cover. "no!" stops for half a second, looks at me, gnaws it again! Like "get off this thing, it's my time to get attention!"
And I laughed again at the armpit thing haha Louna has an armpit fetish or something. When she's in my sweater close to my neck, she'll lick whatever skin she can find around there to tell me she loves me... and then she has a tendency to start going up my sleeve and licking really close to my armpit which is unbearable from all the tickly-ness!!
Louna had some rex siblings... if your babies are nekkid because they are 2x rex, perhaps the rex gene is to blame! haha!
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Awww Dustette, you can so tell that Louna just loves you to bits!
That was so cute that she does not want you to leave the bathroom during playtime or deviate your attention away from her to your Ipod..you are right, she is saying, "MOM! It is MY time! Pay attention to me!!" So sweet!!!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 10:44 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Haha, that is really adorable of her to do that! (Come to think of it, my cat likes to nuzzle in my armpit right after I've taken a shower and am all freshly dressed...and then he bites my hair because he likes the smell of the shampoo. He's a little crazy!!) My boys have never shown a preference for things like that, but they do really like fuzzy socks! I always have to make sure to be careful when I'm wearing socks, because they'll attack!!

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)