Nervous (bitting my nails) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Nervous (bitting my nails)

Just took Baby and Star to vets today, good thing is dr doesn't think Babys lump is malignant but needs to be removed right away, which is what I brought her there for to check it out as it has only been a few days since I found it and getting bigger daily and to scheduale a surgery date. So nervous though they are so little and to go through that scares me. Well she goes in Friday morning. I will be bitting my nails the whole time she is there...
and waitnig for the call that she is out of surgery safely.
Will update after surgery to let you know how she is doing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

awww big hugs im sure she will be just fine its always stressful having our babies go through surgery my own cat just went through a c-section so i know how you feel .

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 02:19 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Allicat, I hope Baby does well and comes out of her surgery just fine. Sending healing thoughts her way and yes, it is so scary to think of our babies going through a surgery. Please keep us updated. Baby and Star are just beautiful. I loved their pictures. Such sweeties. Keep strong, Baby, I know you will do great with your surgery!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 12:53 PM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Where is the tumor located? Was it loosely attached to the body or very connected? This can sometimes tell you how easy a removal it will be

Just remember to continue to breathe normally on Friday, find busy-work that will keep you occupied but not to much concentration is required because you could mess it up

Ask when approximately the surgery will be performed, and if you get too anxious, call them for an update. Don't feel you HAVE to wait, because sometimes clinics get busy and they won't be able to call right away.

Make sure they send you home with pain meds like oral metacam to take care of any discomfort.

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

It is on her shoulder on the right side Dr. said it is loosely attached she siad it shoudn't take very long but that all depends once she gets in there. I have to work both jobs on Friday but they were very good at calling when Star had her surgery they have my work number too, and they are going to be sending home pain meds and a med for infection just in case. It is my fience that I'm really worried about for someone that DIDN"T want rats SURE is attached (hehe) He will be phoning me at work lots just to see if I have heard anything! He was at work when Star had hers and he was calling me almost every few hrs. I finally had to tell him that I would call him once I heard and leave him a message as he works in a youth jail and not always able to get to the phone.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 08:13 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Awww, I am not surprised that your fiance got attached to your ratties. Rats are their own best ambassadors. People just fall in love with them, once they get past their prejudice of rats. My mother sort of squirmed and did not want to hold my two boy rats when my husband and I first adopted them, but that soon ended. She got so attached to them, she could not wait to hold them, baby talk to them and cuddle them. It was great.
How can anyone not fall in love with them? They are so full of love and sweetness.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Ya when I first asked for one he said if I got a rat he was gunna get a snake :O, Now he says we can't get anymore after these 2 cause they would never be the same as baby and star, and I told him NO they would have their own little personalities to go with them = )

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

You are so right...all rats have their very own unique personalities, it's true! Your boyfriend's snake joke does not surprise me. Sounds like something a J*** would say. A real winner. Eeesh.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Yup but he has done the TOTAL 360 with our girls, he panicks and worries worse then me, guess that is my maternal instincs kicking in someone has to remain calm LOL

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 08:51 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Doh, sorry!! I got you mixed up with someone else! I forgot you were the one with the fiance who fell in love with your girls!! Eeep, my mistake, I really apologize.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

LOL no worries I also thought he was a jerk fer that and told him so LOL, but he really did do a 360 that totally suprised me even.

Think I was jus reading where you wanted that posted, Cause I was thinking the SAME thing about the guy.

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 09:49 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Good luck with the surgery! I will be sending positive vibes your way. Your girls are absolutely adorable.

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 06:45 AM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

sounds like a relatively easy procedure, the majority of these types of tumours (easy access, loosely attached mammary tumours) will come off easily so at least that factor is in your favor

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Update,
Sorry it took me sooo long been real busy here, Baby is doing GREAT! Not liking the fact that she is in a different and smaller cage then her sister, but the surgery went smoothly, she was a little concerned about the looks of the tumor and told me to keep a close eye on her for others, she said it was different then Stars, icker and bumpy where Stars was smooth....
Star on the other hand is whom I am really concerned about tho.... she pretty much just drags her back legs now, when I was at work I guess she rolled down the ramp twice, fience called me to let me know to keep watch on her when I got home as he was heading off to work, she seems good, when I took her in with baby on Mon they think she may have injured her back, as I thought it may be bone degen. but she said it not mushy feeling in there, she doesn't seem to be in pain which is good...But I still worry, she not squeakin and usually she does (her little sign) Soo keeping a CLOSE eye on BOTH!!!!

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 04:38 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Great to hear the update on Baby! I am so glad she seems to be recovering well from her surgery, that is wonderful news!

I am sorry about Star, poor baby. I hope she does okay and it is a relief that she does not seem to be in pain. Let me know how it goes with her.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith