New Baby! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 01:37 AM Thread Starter

New Baby!

I was driving by the petstore the other day and thought I'd just stop in and I fell in love once again. I know petstores are supposed to be bad or whatever and I shouldn't keep buying pets from them, but its not the mouse's fault she ended up there and she needs love too!

Anyway, I got a new mouse and named her Molly. She was in a cage with a bunch of other young mice, no mommy. But I think she's only about 3 weeks old because she's awfully tiny and hops quite a bit. Is there anything special I should feed her since she's so little?

Also, I noticed that one or two of the other mice she was with had pretty thin fur and red skin. She doesn't seem itchy so I'm not sure its mites. But, theres one area on top of her head where I can see through her fur and her skin is pink, but not red. I'm assuming that's normal? I've got her in a separate room from my other mice just in case but is there anything else I should do or look for to make sure she is healthy?

I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 04:51 AM
Will It Ever Change?

Congrats on the new mouse!! I'm not sure about the skin, I dont have that much experience. I think as long as their fur looks clean, not greasy, and their eyes are bright with no sneezing, they are pretty healthy. But again, not totally sure on that

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 08:29 PM

Congrats! Im not sure about the skin it might be normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 08:54 PM
RAT ADDICT

Congrats!
If there are patches of missing fur or thin patches,it could be mites or an allergy.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

She actually seems better since the other day. Maybe it was some kind of allergy. The pet store used eco-bedding and fed them Harlan lab block so I don't know if she was allergic to either of those. Or maybe she just got picked on by the other mice??? She was awfully little. Anyway, she's looking happy and healthy now! I just have to find my camera battery and I'll get some pics up...