New baby mouse pics - 15 days old :) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

New baby mouse pics - 15 days old :)

I'm keeping at least the marked white one and the caramel-colored satin one. You can't see from the pic, but they are all foxes. If anyone near me would like one, this seems like a place full of responsible pet owners, so let me know

I've come across some people who see interested, but they would need me to ship them, and I don't know how I feel about that. Has anyone had any experience with that?

In my house:
My fiance, Adam
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My pets:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kiara (5 years), Tifa and Willow (1 year)

Girls: Chase

Boy mice: Reese, Darwin, Scabbers

Last edited by schismatic; 03-14-2007 at 03:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aw they are so cute i wish i could have one hehe but im too far away and the house is full

[/CENTER]

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 03:17 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

They are adorable!!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 04:03 PM
Oily Chickenspew

awww...so dang cute!

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 04:23 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

They're adorable, if I was on the other side of Ohio and had a car I would probably take a couple. As far as shipping goes, I've NEVER heard of shipping rodents. I have experiance with the shipment of live animals but those animals were reptiles, mainly snakes. Your local post office may know more about this...

Life's not about how to survive the storm, It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Momma to: 2 human children Audree (2) and Jacob (7 mo.)
3 Doggies: Angel (13), Cricket (1), and Diesel (4mo.)
1 Kitty: Mazey (Age unknown)
2 ferrets - Mocha and Marshall
1 bunny - Ice

Working to make a change, one paw at a time!
Volunteer - Skinny Little Buddy's Rescue
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 04:32 PM
Title Thief Victim

Awww there adorable!

Carissasaurus Rex

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Oh hey...I'm in MD....but yeah certain peope have had their rodents or other pets shipped to them if there was no other choice. Anyways, if you can't find homes for them I'll gladly take a pair or three and introduce them to my mice(currently in a 20gal aquarium). I wouldn't be able to come up there, though...and I guess I would only accept them if shipping the mice wasn't too much of a problem. As with you, I don't have any experience with shipping.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Title Thief Victim

I havent shipped mice, but i always get hermit crabs in the mail...lol

Carissasaurus Rex

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 05:18 PM
Part of the Pack

sarah your mice are so cute

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeyman
Oh hey...I'm in MD....but yeah certain peope have had their rodents or other pets shipped to them if there was no other choice. Anyways, if you can't find homes for them I'll gladly take a pair or three and introduce them to my mice(currently in a 20gal aquarium). I wouldn't be able to come up there, though...and I guess I would only accept them if shipping the mice wasn't too much of a problem. As with you, I don't have any experience with shipping.
Hmm...the only problem is that I think there are very few little girls. If you wanted some boys, they'd probably get along. If we air shipped them from PA to MD, they would probably be ok. Just thinking.

In my house:
My fiance, Adam

My pets:

post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 06:34 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Hrrmm, if I took a pair of males I could buy them another aquarium...wouldn't be any trouble(like 10-20 bucks). I have extra water bottles and plenty of bedding and food so that's not really a concern of mine. So yeah, if you feel you won't be able to locally rehome them, I'll gladly take a couple =].
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by schismatic
Hmm...the only problem is that I think there are very few little girls. If you wanted some boys, they'd probably get along. If we air shipped them from PA to MD, they would probably be ok. Just thinking.
Would you be willing to ship to OH? It's not far...I am trying to find you some info on shipping.

Life's not about how to survive the storm, It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

1 bunny - Ice

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_baby
Would you be willing to ship to OH? It's not far...I am trying to find you some info on shipping.
Sure, OH is not that far. This is starting to sound expensive, heh heh.

In my house:
My fiance, Adam

My pets:

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Oh boy....looks like shipping is out of the question...fedex doesn't do live animals and here are the standards for ups

Accepted / Prohibited Live Animals

Accepted Live Animals

This is a comprehensive list of live animals accepted for transportation. Shippers are prohibited from shipping any animal not listed here, and all other live animals will not be accepted for transportation. The following live animals are accepted for transportation unless poisonous, venomous, and/or a Threatened or Endangered Species.

Amphibians (All): Examples: frogs, salamanders, toads
Crustaceans (All): Examples: crabs, crawfish, lobsters, shrimp
Fish (All)
Insects (Limited to beneficial insects only): Examples: bees, butterflies, crickets, lady bugs
Mollusks (All): Examples: clams, mussels, snails
Reptiles (Limited to the following):
- Lizards: Examples: chameleons, geckos, iguanas, monitors, flying dragons
- Turtles: freshwater turtles (except: snapping turtles), land tortoises, sea turtles
Worms (All)

Prohibited Live Animals

Live Animals that are prohibited from being shipped and are not accepted for transportation include, but are not limited to:

Any poisonous, venomous or threatening animal
Any Threatened or Endangered species
Arachnids (All): Examples: mites, scorpions, spiders, ticks
Birds (All)
Crocodiles (All): Examples: alligators, caimans, gavials
Mammals (All)
Obnoxious Insects: Examples: flies, locusts, mosquitoes, roaches, termites, weevils
Snakes (All): venomous and non-venomous

1 bunny - Ice

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_baby
Oh boy....looks like shipping is out of the question...fedex doesn't do live animals and here are the standards for ups

Accepted / Prohibited Live Animals

Accepted Live Animals

This is a comprehensive list of live animals accepted for transportation. Shippers are prohibited from shipping any animal not listed here, and all other live animals will not be accepted for transportation. The following live animals are accepted for transportation unless poisonous, venomous, and/or a Threatened or Endangered Species.

Amphibians (All): Examples: frogs, salamanders, toads
Crustaceans (All): Examples: crabs, crawfish, lobsters, shrimp
Fish (All)
Insects (Limited to beneficial insects only): Examples: bees, butterflies, crickets, lady bugs
Mollusks (All): Examples: clams, mussels, snails
Reptiles (Limited to the following):
- Lizards: Examples: chameleons, geckos, iguanas, monitors, flying dragons
- Turtles: freshwater turtles (except: snapping turtles), land tortoises, sea turtles
Worms (All)

Prohibited Live Animals

Live Animals that are prohibited from being shipped and are not accepted for transportation include, but are not limited to:

Any poisonous, venomous or threatening animal
Any Threatened or Endangered species
Arachnids (All): Examples: mites, scorpions, spiders, ticks
Birds (All)
Crocodiles (All): Examples: alligators, caimans, gavials
Mammals (All)
Obnoxious Insects: Examples: flies, locusts, mosquitoes, roaches, termites, weevils
Snakes (All): venomous and non-venomous
Aww...hmm, well I know people ship them. I'll find out how.

In my house:
My fiance, Adam

My pets:

Tags
dwarf hamster, dwarf hamsters, endangered species, hermit crab, hermit crabs, pet owner, pet store, responsible pet owner