New Guys - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

New Guys

We went this weekend to pick up a buddy for jinx and ended up with 2 buddies cuz they were just too cute. They're double rexes and dumbos and soo sweet and cuddly. They fall right to sleep on your shoulder! The darker one is kamikaze cuz he keeps trying to jump to his death. The lighter one has no name yet. Any ideas? They are set up on the opposite end of the house in the new huge cage while poor mr jinx is still in quarantine. Can't wait until he's well and can join them! I've included pics of the cage and the two new guys.

Last edited by luvboyrats; 08-16-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

Awww they are adorable!!!

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thanks, I think so. Any name ideas for the light colored one? I can't think of a thing. We're calling the other one Kaze. I'm very excited about their new cage too. I think it's probably the coolest rat cage I've ever owned. Of course they are new and small so they keep huddling up in one corner. I'm all disappointed yelling, come on, run around, use the cage, climb in the hammock, come on it's such a cool cage!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Awww, what sweet babies! They are adorable! I can't seem to think of a name for the light colored one either yet, but I am sure his personality will come through and you will think of a good name that fits him.

You said they were huddling together in a corner and I know it is because they are still frightened and getting used to their new home. It is probably large and overwhelming for them. Same thing happened with my two boy rats when I adopted them. I have a huge house for them and as babies, it was really huge to them and they spent their first day or two in one small section. They were just scared and overwhelmed. Make sure to give your new boys lots of gentle, soft talk to let them know they are safe. Treats help too! Let us know how they do settling in. I can't wait for Jinx to meet his new buddies!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 06:04 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

P.S. on my last post...I saw your red colored litter pan and it looks like the boys are using it as I saw lots of poops in it, but how do they get inside of it? The side walls look so high! Is there some neato side door to get in there?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

You can't tell in the picture but the front of the litter pan is actually very low. Its not actually even a real litter pan its a one dollar stackable storage bin from dollar tree same with their beddy basket. You can get the fleece blankets there for a dollar a piece too. And no they actually aren't using it much. The poos are there cuz I keep picking them up and putting them there in an effort to train them.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 06:44 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Ah!! I figured it was an optical illusion of some sort with the camera...makes sense...nice litter pan by the way! Wow, this is all reminding me of when I was doing the same as you...putting all their little poops inside their litter pan to train them to use it. It pretty much worked! They just turned one year old and they get about 90 percent of their poops in there...just some occassional misses but no big. Great rattie house! I am sure they will get more used to their surroundings soon. Give them skritches and rubs for me!

Vlad