New Hammockz - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-26-2007, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

New Hammockz

I went and baught these two patters to make hammocks out of! . I'm so exicted because I can make so fare 8+ hammocks. I'm also thinking of selling some that I've made to get more money in for the rescue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 425.jpg (13.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 424.jpg (13.0 KB, 1 views)

My Kids:6
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 5
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-26-2007, 11:36 PM
Obsessed with Criss Angel

These I love!!

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-26-2007, 11:50 PM
RAT ADDICT

Nice! I wanna make my own hammocks,but I don't know how.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 01:53 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

I'm ok at it lol, I don't make all the pilot holes because our walmart never seems to have the stuff I'm looking for when I have money lol. I'll post a pic of what I do since I doubt I could explain it lol.

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 12:25 PM
RAT ADDICT

Cool,I look forward to seeing it!

* Lisa *

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

hammocks are so neat, i wish mine could last longer...if only Alex, my mouse ,stopped chewing them so much, esp since he loves them more than my rat

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

I'm not sure how well you can see in the pic, But I jusr sew the clip into the corner by hand lol. I'm a little lazy when it comes to that but I'm trying differen't things to see how they work. Like the pic I have below, the hammock is a little short but I'm thinking I can use spare bits of fabric to make the corners longer. well enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 432.jpg (15.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 434.jpg (18.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 438.jpg (16.6 KB, 7 views)

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 12:29 AM
RAT ADDICT

Pretty cool! I wish I was creative as some of you guys!

* Lisa *

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 12:33 AM

*covers my rats' eyes*
They'll want one or two!!
You did an amazing job!!

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Lol thnx! I want to try and sell them on the site too see if I can get money in for the adoptables , Heres a "hole" I made for the girls. I see them in it rearly but the love sleeping on top of it lol. Sorry it's so hard to see, I'll work on getting better pictures lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 447.jpg (13.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 446.jpg (13.4 KB, 4 views)

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 12:16 AM

Nice How much would you sell hammocks for?

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

I'm thinking pf adding up the cost of how much the fabric costs & the claps's, string, and the time to make them. then size & type of hammock lol.
Such as a small corner hammock ~$4.00
Large corner hammock ~$5.00
XL corner hammock ~$7.00

Small Hidy hammock $5.00
Large hidy $7.00
XL hidy $9.00

Flat small hammock $5.00 etc. etc. I still need to work all the prices out but these are in that ball park area.

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 01:00 AM

Oh great prices!! I can see me buying from you
for sure!!
When will you start selling?

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Lol yay! I can start selling right now, the only problem I can see is I don't have enough money to get paypal or something and pay vet bills. So I'd have to send & recive things through the mail. If that doesn't bother you then we have a deal! lol. Here I'll post some pics of the other hammocks I haven't hung up yet.

The paw print one would be a large
the funky smaller one would be a larger small
I can also make cusom hammocks such as the hidys one with different colord sides and what not . I'll get some offical prices but I doubt they will change much if at all.
I also have red & black silk but they don't seem to last very long to be honest. I have a new idea i'm going to try and see if it works a little better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 460.jpg (14.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 461.jpg (16.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 462.jpg (12.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 464.jpg (18.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 466.jpg (15.5 KB, 2 views)

, 5
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Last edited by uMgaziRatRescue; 05-30-2007 at 01:23 AM.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 02:02 AM

It doesn't bother me sending things through the mail
I would like a large corner pawprint one please!!