New Mookie Cage - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

New Mookie Cage

I'll take pics this afternoon. Right now I'm just sp pumped I have to tell everyone. Month(s) ago when I found the wire rack shelf that I was going to make Mookie's cage with, I changed my mind. I was concerned it was a tad too big if we want to move this summer. Pat and I need our own place again, and we can only afford a one bedroom. Those that know me well, know I all ready have my big homemade degu cage, so fitting our stuff in a new place COULD be a challenge (but i like those!). So, I had made the wooden wire cage. They're in a post I made in January. As of yesterday, my guild has been chewing at me, saying the wooden cage was too small. It onle ended up being 3 rats long, 3 rats tall, 2 rats deep. That's not good, I decided. Mookie's only 10 weeks and all ready I feel he's 'crammed' in there? So, out comes the creative ideas. By midnight I was completely done changing the wire rack shelf into his new cage (a project I started then abandoned last month). I used his wooden cage for parts (of course), and I was VERY impressed that he stayed sleeping in his hammock the whole 7 hours I was working at this. He woke at a few points when his cage had no walls, and I was afraid he's get up and I'd have to put him in the bathroom. But he was SUCH a good boy, stayed in the hammock until I put it/him in the new cage. Then it was crazy time! lol he was so funny. I kept him in his new cage while I added its accessories. He was popcorning all over the place!!!! For a good hour I was slowly adding things, tickling him, getting licks (hehehe), petting him, he had a ball!!! He's set up now, right beside my degu cage, so they can see each other. It was funny, for a good hour, my goos were not impressed. However, I was up this morning to the good sleeping together on the shelf closest to mookie's cage, and mookie sleeping in a jean tube closest to the goo cage. And, my good are fine now, a little grumpy, but fine. They're sweeping with their feet and digging more, but they'll live. It'll keep them entertained, and mookie and the goos deserve some entertainment lol. Believe me you'll get pics. I can't wait, i just have things to do first

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Oily Chickenspew

OOOH, can't wait for the pix

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Title Thief Victim

Yippy! Can't wait for pictures

Carissasaurus Rex
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

awesome! cant wait to see some pics

i will hold you forever
i will stand beside you forever
keep fighting
keep breathing
hold onto me and dont let go
NEVER let go
you are my world
make it through
i pray for you

VIXEY- March 25, 1994- October 11, 2006 at 10pm
SKRAT- October 21, 2005- January 15, 2007 at 5am
BAXTER- January 30, 2007
I will love you forever, always

Next time we meet again, it will be FOREVER

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Playful Pup

Are you going to get Mookie a cagemate?

Jessica!!!

White Raven Rodentry

WRR Rosy x WRR Bean
Babies on the way!!! PM for adoption information.

Girly Meece : Johanna (satin smeeze) , Rosy (LH satin fawn) , Teagan (chocolate tan) , Colida (LH broken black)

meece men : Bean (satin brindle)

Dozer (male parsons russel terrier/manchester terrier)

C.T. (male chihuahua/rat terrier mix)

Goldies Smoochie, Cheesy Poof, Salsa

betta boy Vick

2 snails and 1 pleco
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 03:06 AM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

yes sir! im either checking the local classified or taking a baby from a lady that just had a litter born a week ago. i dont think i want to wait 5 more weeks though, thats a looong time to be lonely

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 03:21 AM Thread Starter
Will It Ever Change?

ok! here are the pictures from the day! the degus are there (not the cage). butters in his new tank and setup. last but not least, my monkey and his funky abode. theres at least 20 so i'll just post the link, holler if it doesn't work

natmulder/Feb 20 2007 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 09:37 AM
Playful Pup

I had a male rat that lived alone due to aggression issues. I gave him a stuffed pig and he cuddled with it and beat it up and peed on it. If you end up having to wait, you can try that.

I love your pics. He's suck a cute boy!

p.s. - I'm a girl

Jessica!!!

White Raven Rodentry

WRR Rosy x WRR Bean
Babies on the way!!! PM for adoption information.

Girly Meece : Johanna (satin smeeze) , Rosy (LH satin fawn) , Teagan (chocolate tan) , Colida (LH broken black)

meece men : Bean (satin brindle)

Dozer (male parsons russel terrier/manchester terrier)

C.T. (male chihuahua/rat terrier mix)

Goldies Smoochie, Cheesy Poof, Salsa

betta boy Vick

2 snails and 1 pleco

Tags
male rat, wire cage