The new rat cage...finally - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

The new rat cage...finally

So after a coupl of weeks of building and then rebuilding, locating the coroplast and adding all the final touches, here is my rats new cage

It cost about $65.00 for everything, and the boys LOVE it!! I'm so happy I could move them out of the tank they came in and give them an appropriate home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Part of the Pack

looks great! your lucky you have big boys, I have to cover mine with chicken wire! what a pain.....

You could also put some lonolium on the top floors then all you have to do is wipe it down, it makes cleaning a breeze
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Yeah I know they won't fit trough the spaces, I had them outside on the floor and chess got scared and tried to get back in through the spaces. Only his head would fit, I had to pry him of the bar and show him the door so he could get back in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

thats a cleaver idea, my girls wouldn't last 5 minutes in there but my biggest boy Nazarath is too big & fat to get trough .

My Kids:6
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 5
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 1
, 1
, 1
Gecko, 1 Fiance

Note: My hammocks are not exclusively for rats

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Will It Ever Change?

wicked awesome setup!!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 12:57 AM
Still Waiting

Love it!!! Where did you buy the cubes? I have been looking for some. That is a really nice setup, your boys must love it!

Rest in peace my sweet babies; Sweetie and Butterz.
You will forever be missed
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Well I'm in Canada so I don't know if it will help to tell you I bought them at Superstore. But before I just happened to completely by accident stumble on them, I had searched everywhere I could think of and had kind of put the idea of building a cage away for awhile. I had been looking into buying a used cage, but had a hard time finding any. It was a complete shock when I was looking for a storage container for my daughter and I looked up and there they were, I bought them immediately and now my boys have a great new home. I think there are other threads that talk about where to find the cubes in the U.S.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator

Just if anyone wants to know - I built my bunnies cage with those cubes too and got two boxes of them at Target. So if they'res a Target around you they should have them! I think the one's I got were like $15 for 24 pieces. At one Target they were in the section with all the other storage stuff - but at the other one they were somewhere weird and random, it took me and my bf like an hour to find them :p But still they were there!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 07:43 AM
The Title Fairy Was Here

it looks great

Come see more of my fur babies at

Tags
chicken wire