New rat Sugery oh my - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

New rat Sugery oh my

Well got a call from a lady who I know and she got talked in to taking a rat, porblem is the rat nipps while in the cage and is young, and has already bit her little gril pretty hard and she is leary of it. And I am going in for sugery tomorrow and will proably be over night which this give the rat time to settle in here get us the the critter and noses. I dont know to much about it going later to find out except its about 3 to 4 months and was from some one who raises rats we gotten by her husbends sisiter and comes with cage and food but she dont eat to much of it they have been feeding her more people food. and she seems to have gotten cage agressive but when out fine and the lady thinks like i do since she is albino red eyes blind and cant see to good. btu she siad she would fill me in she more less got talked in to taking it becuase its become a problem for the other family but she has 2 older males and she dont want any more not that she dont like them but when there gone thats it for a while with rats till her littler girls older and can help clean cages and feed them and all. Her little girl wants a g-pig and her mom said when they pass which thier 2 that they would get one becuase she'll play with it and brush it and all but it will be easer for her mom to set up a play pen for them to play in and not have one were the rat like her boys do jump out and she had girls before and the little girl took them and put them with the boys so she dont want that to happen nore dose she want to have to keep the other rattys under lock and key all the time or worry about did she take the rat to the boys cage if she has it out. to that she dont watch her but it he blink of an eye this kid can do a lot. lol.
I will post pic of her asap. I hope its a cage ageessing due ot blindness and nothign eals and so dose the other landy as in not somehting worng with her as in messed up to be put down b/c she dont think she was mistreated but who knwos She was getting ready to take her daughter to pratice and get her shopig down while she was at practis so she could kill 2 brids with one stone. So this will give her a few days or over night at lest to settle and hopefully I will be coherent enough to say hi more to her when I come home. If not I knoe jon can handel it but i like to do all the ratty stuff.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 03:23 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Hope everything goes great, get better soon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

Hi every one I know its been a while i have been really busy. The knee sugery went well 2 more weeks or the breace. I had my ALC reconstructed from a cadaver and during the sugery the doc found I had 40% of an maniskest tear, and cartlig damage that he repared. i can cook short meals while standing on it full weight just cant walk on it and bend it and have to wear the breac longer and be on cruches. I can get arounf better and can bend move and flex it while sitting and therpy is a pain and it hurts but its a good hurt they keep saying but it dont feel good. lol I can change small cages as in stand up and do it which makes jon happier becuase he has had to do every thing. I can feed and water and use one crutch as a can like to walk which the docter said is good just not to long doing that so I take pitchers of food and huge pop botles with water I can carrie to do all this I can pick up the big cage tops or bottoms, but smaller ones I can.
The New rat is a night mare. I would be her 6th home. she was supose to be nice original but started to get mean with every new house. as it started she was a pet shop rat and then got passed around when people moved or didnt have time. I had her to the vet an the vet even got fusterated with her bititng. oh my dose she bit I had her on the couch and she was nice and loving then bit the crap outof me before I had to go in. So while i could not hndel her after sugery becuase i was on blood thinners an didnt want to catch anything just in case she was even meaner with my other half. the vet said that she would have recomended prozak I think but that its more like a phycological problem that has developed as in she wants to trust but then gets scared for no reason that we can tell but that its desterbing her. So I will have to rehome her to some one that can take the time one on one with her becuase I and jon have about had it to wits end she is nice then mean and its hard to try to clean her cage and get her out becuase he bits to the point were me and him are scared of her litraly and that with me is not something that happends she bits hard enought to go threw the heavey leather work gloves and when she bits she wont let go easly. I thought maybe a cage mate and she is sweet with Sophe ann a little girl about 2 months close to 3 and they get along wondefuly but she is over protective of her an if we try to get sophe out she will come after you and drag sophe back to her tunnel and then charge us. She dont and hs not hurt her but still its like a mother rat protective of a put but as far as I can tell she has not had babies. Her name was ugly betty by the last people before my freinds rescued her beig feed cat food, raw hot dogs, and other junk food and most of it was moldie which after QT she came out a clean girl thankfully. We call her Little Missy as in Now you listen her little missy as I would say stop that you should not be a bad girl. I really need some one that can take her an work with her that may understand her more then we can. she is sweet when she wants to be but I know that she is to much for us. the vet sugested that she needs some one who can give her full attchen one on one for a long while an reverce her thinking and have no other rats for a while so she sees humends as another rat or a safty net which rats need company of there own kind but she needs some her time with some one who could do more for her then I or the vet can. he only other option is PTS becuase it could excaled and fixing her could help she could be over hormoning maybe the vet just said fixing her could help some sugest breeding but that is out of the question but fixing her the vet said may not have an effect if its all in her head.
i am hoping that with some other rat groups an on her I can give Missy some hepl that she needs becuase I know that we can help her anymore but I know god placed her with us knowing we would not let some one kill her or use her for food and that we maynot be able to help her but we know peopl and groups that can. I hope that she can find a forever home that can give her all she needs. I have worked with bitters before but to me its almost like she is saying your a nice humend but your not the one for me this is not my home.
so god willing and hoping that she finds her new home with some one that understands rats and she is a special needs rat.

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 04:12 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Welcome back! Glad your doing better

Tags
rats