New Rat Toy Idea - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

New Rat Toy Idea

I found this idea online, and made a few for my rats, OMG they love them, I hang them on the link a doo toys.
I hide yoggie in the folds. They go nuts for these Ok to Destroy Toys! And it keeps them busy, and entertained all in one shot.

http://www.lineolatedparakeet.net/do...aper-swing_410

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath."
~W.C. Fields
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Playful Pup

Great

Great suggestion. I'm going to make some for my girls tomorrow. Do you have yours higher up or do you make it lower to the ground? I don't want to make it too easy for them but I don't want them to fall off either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 09:51 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I have done something similar braiding strips of fleece and putting cheerios and yogies inside. The ratties love them and it gives me a way to use up those pesky fleece scraps.

Maureen

Six new rats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 11:07 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

I have lots of fleece scraps and newspaper too, I am going to make some for ym rats! Thanks for sharing!

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

I have a level close to the top (about 12 inches) so I hang it from the top, and they are curious enough to go up there to see what is up there. To hang them, I've been using those "rock climber" clips that you can get in the automotive dept at Wal Mart (the ones that come in colors to use as key chains)
And I didn't think to use fleece to make them, doesn't that just encourage them to chew up the other fleece in their cage?

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath."
~W.C. Fields
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 08:05 AM
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedleDeedle3 View Post
And I didn't think to use fleece to make them, doesn't that just encourage them to chew up the other fleece in their cage?
I was wondering the same thing. So far, I've been lucky that mine have not even attempted to chew their fleece

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 12:31 PM
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted

That whole breaded thing I was wondering Could I make them out of dough as in bread like wheat bread and bread it and make a botom then bake it like make a basket out of bread like make it all edibal but roll seeds in to the dough so they can have a whole eatable basket? but us the breaded idea for the handing basket part? Not shure thought weather wheat or reaguler would be good better?
Althought the news papers is great I think I will try that as well. I'll have the valcum ready as some of my rattys are messy and like to throw stuff out of the cage. LOL. I just wonder if I can do like a bread bowl thing for them. but only make it a basket. I know you bake tweedel and what I am trying to say but think that would work seeds in dough then bake it so they have a whole edible treat. Then if there is a mess the doggs I know will celan some of it but if they eat it then thats better then them chewing up disregared paper the rats throw out. All my dogs have done that though chews up paper, Tolet paper. Paper towles even a clean sheet of paper on the floor to them is far game they act like rats with paper they have to shred it. LOL. May be that is why some people have told me and I belive that rats are the K-9s of the Rodent World. Becuae like a dog they are very smart. OK so they are smarter then a dog. lol but cool idea.

I think you are in the wrong place buddy.
You are the weirdest cat I ever seen.
Now matter how big or small wierd or normal we or animals may be we can learn to love and get along and love is what makes it all worth wild. Becuase Beautie is in the eye of the beholder an no one is ugly or more prettyer then anything eals we are all equal. There are some ugly people and things but that is becuase man kind makes them this way do to thier actions.

Tags
toys