New Rats!!! one of my fave pet shops!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Sunday im going on an hour drive to go to a breeders house for my mice to trade off for some new line (not all of mine) and while in in her city im going to stop by there local pet shop called the pet warehouse its the only pet shop i have found that keeps there rats friendly and well handled in aspen or carefresh not pine!! and they dont bulk order them they get them as rescues!!! so im going to get a few males while im in the city with the mice i also love how they keep there mice females are housed in 10 gallon tanks (3-4 per tank) and males are kept in single cages (so no fighting) but one thing i dont like abouth this shop is they sell puppies i dont know to much about there puppies cause i know if i look i want!! but they also have birds rabbits and reptiles that all seem to be very happy and healty i talk to the lady who cares for the small animals and she is very smart and knows what she is talking about!! well i just wanted to let you all know pics will be up probly mon. or tue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 08:57 PM
laugh often

thats awesome. I wish there were more small animals friendly petshope here. Good luck with the new ratties.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 09:28 PM
RAT ADDICT

Good luck and I want updates!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 02:16 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I have gotten 2 rats from this mom and pop shop here. They are so friendly and like people. The other day I was cleaning out the cage and hanging up make shift hammocks and Jack just let himself out and crawled on my shoulders and checked things out. He came in and out as he pleased while I was messing in the cage. He has always done this, even when he was a baby. I am still trying to "tame" my 6 month old petsmart rats. I really like the mom and pop shop here. The woman told me that they get the rats from a breeder but everyone knows what kind of breeder it is. The thing is though, i haven gotten a dumbo and a blue berkshire from this petstore. They have the most beautiful rats. The thing I hate is they keep all their animals on pine. The employees are very friendly and love animals, I just wish they would research more into their jobs if they really like doing them. Anyway, I wish more petstore cared about the animals.

When I got tweener and butters, I got them from petsmart. The woman that helped us had rats before...the day before I went in there she lost her last one. She knew a lot about rats and she does what she can in the store but sadly they are understaffed and just dont have the time rreally to socialize the animals. I applied there and declined the position because I didnt want to risk bringing home diseases to my own animals.

Now that I wrote my book, I want to say that I want updates and pics.

*Missy*
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

well i only got 1 little boy on sunday he looks to be a blue with white on his belly and a white strip on his face pics soon
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 03:04 AM
laugh often

can't wait to see pics.

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 12:21 PM

Are hobby breeders rats healthier than Petsmart rats?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 02:38 PM
RAT ADDICT

He sounds cute! I look forward to pics! What are you naming him?

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *

Tags
local pet shop, pet shop