New Ratties - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

New Ratties

Today I went to the breeder near me and brought home 2 6 month old rats she wanted to find a home for. They are show quality but she doesn't want to breed them because of tempermant issues. They are not good with other rats, especially Aurora. Subaru is on the nervous side. Subaru is a Dumbo Russian Blue Self Double Rex and Aurora is Standard-eared American Lynx. Subaru won best of variety in a show.
Here they are:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 09:50 PM
Adolescent Pup

they are so cute good luck with them
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 09:23 AM
Adolescent Pup

So cute!

Christy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 01:35 PM
Newborn Pup

Linda Lee -- they are adorable! I was looking at your picture, and I think you have the same cage that I do! Isn't that strange? Is it 'my first home' by superpets made for small animals? It came with a wheel and one food dish that fits into one of the levels (why did they not give us two dishes?! if each level can hold a dish?). I have been pleased with this cage as it has no rough edges and gives them enough room to romp.

Hoodie and Honey are Hiding!

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Yes! That's the cage I bought for them. It's really a nice looking cage, but that darn wheel took up so much room . I guess they leave 1 hole empty so they can climb through. Do you put anything on the levels? I notice puddles of urine there, I clean it up with toilet paper but I was thinking they could get really wet and stinky if they just walk through it.I wondered if it was large enough for my rats, mine are very small adults- Suburu is only 9 1/2 oz., and Aurora is about 10 oz.- which is fine with me!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 05:11 PM
Newborn Pup

I agree about the wheel, so I didn't put it into my cage. Also, it didn't feel too stable/safe, but maybe it was defective. I don't put anything on the levels, but they do get somewhat messy. I'm just glad they are solid, and not mesh as their little hands can get irritated.

Hoodie and Honey are Hiding!

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 10:29 AM
Playful Pup

Awww, that makes me want another Rat!! HEHE... Cute pics

D.O.D. Friday August 13th, 2004
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thank you
I have 15 guinea pigs too- I'm very busy cleaning cages daily!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 09:25 AM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Your rats are adorable, and the names are so creative! This makes me want to get a rat too!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 08:08 PM
Adolescent Pup

Very cute pictures of your new babies
I have that same cage too.Its a good cage,cant stand the water bottle thing though,i went to a bird show and got new water bottle holders,much better now.But my boys have gotten so big and it seems so small now,i saw a rabbit/guinea pig cage for 35 dollars that is huge.I would have bought that in the first place had i knowen they were gonna be so big.Oh well an extra cage will just mean i have room for new buddies. .......... Thanks for shareing your pics,such cuties
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 02:53 AM
Incubator Cricket Killer

They are adorable!!

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thank you everyone! I never saw anything on this cage for a water bottle? I just put one of my regular water bottles on with one of those wire holders. I do think this cage is too small for them, and mine are very small females. I am trying to figure a way of builing up without destroying the cage wire- the topp is really on good and that's what I would like to remove to build up.

Tags
guinea pig, guinea pig cage