New Ratties - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Talking New Ratties

Well today my bf brought me two male rats. My birthday was last month and he hadn't been able to find anything I wanted. So I was talking to him a few weeks ago about looking into adopting a rat. I had them for saveral years until my 6 year old died and then I never got anymore. So he found a lady that was looking for a home for her 6 month old and 2 month old male rats. She told him that she loved them but the cats were always trying to eat them and she didnt want them to get hurt. So she gave them to him. And he brought them to me. They are sooo Sweet. They were definetly well cared for and very socialized (sp?) She hadn't named them and I'm not sure what kind they are so as soon as I get pictures I will post them on here. The 6 month old is Huge! He is a creme color with a white belly. And the 2 month old is white with a creme head and two front legs with white paws and a creme line going down his back So so Cute! I can't think of anything to name them. So any ideas would be wonderful. Also what does everyone feed theres I was feeding mine (2 years ago) a special diet that my vet planned out for them. What do you all think ? Should I ask him to make them a diet or do you all recommend something different. Right now I have the food they came with. Anything else anyone would want to share would be appreciated to. Thanks everyone! I'll get pics ASAP

<3My "Fur" Kids<3
*Rascal, Avalanche: Doggy's*
~Dixon Chance: Cat~
<>Fortora Farms Grey Arrow: Mini Colt<>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 11:02 PM
RAT ADDICT

CongRATS!

The cream guy sounds like a berkshire and the other sounds like a hooded.But I won't know for sure till you post pictures!

I feed my rats a lab block (which is very important,as it contains all the nutrients and things they need) and a homemade mix.I get all of my ingrediants at a bulk food store and keep it in a "tote box" to keep it fresh.I also give fruits and veggies,rice,pasta (dry and cooked),dog biscuits,fish...etc on the side.

Names - well...I don't know!

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thanks. Well I decided to name the 6 month old one Templeton lol It really fits him. He is into everything. I would have never guessed something so small could get to me so soon. He is always with me. He dosen't care to much to be in his cage he would rather have someone cuddling him lol And the 2 month old is just EVERYWHERE. He never sits still but he a doll too. I still don't know what to name him but I'm thinking... I have pics of them I just need to put them up on here lol

<3My "Fur" Kids<3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 09:43 PM
RAT ADDICT

Awww! I used to have a rat named Templeton!

* Lisa *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Will It Ever Change?

hehehe they sound very cute. i agree the solid beige/white tummy is called berkshire, and the other is a hooded. names may come to you once you get to know them. i feed my boys rat blocks, with a daily side of dog kibbles and dinner leftovers (usually rice, pasta and/or veggies)

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Congrats!!!!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 11:04 PM
laugh often

congrats

When I'm down my pets turns my frown upside down

2 Dogs: Harley and Diesel
2 rabbits: Mystic and Thumper
1 Cat- Luna
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thanks everyone. I finally have a name for my second little boy. It's Simon (lol) I know not really a "Rats" name but it fits him!

<3My "Fur" Kids<3
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 08:35 AM
RAT ADDICT

Thats cool! I once had a mouse named Simon.I don't know why,as I don't like the name.But it just came to me one day and stuck!

* Lisa *

Tags
dog biscuits, lab block, male rat, male rats, white belly