New Video: Yawn Greetings from Achilles and Maximus to the Forum Plus Playground Tour - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Mouse & Rat Discussion Twitching whiskers, tiny paws, and all else mouse or rat related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 01:44 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Hi all!

I got some quick video the other night of my boys' playground area and their home base set-up and I was happily surprised when I got a yawn greeting/hello from both boys, soo...Hello from Achilles and Maximus to the Rat Forum!

Sorry some of the video is on the dark side. I am continually trying to get better lighting sources for my videos. We have a very low lit townhouse, so forgive me. I ALMOST didn't post this because of how dark it was getting those shots of the boys yawning at the camera, but I figured that was a one in a million shot of having them both do that in a single video, so, bombs away. I promise my future videos will be brighter, if it kills me!

I did not go into TONS of detail on the video tour of the various individual areas of their play village and so forth, as I know their "tent" roof hides a lot of their play boxes and toys, but it gives a general idea. They are do for a remodeling to add some more boxes/ "ratty buildings".

Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izncUn2dZGU

Last edited by Vladina; 11-08-2012 at 02:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

I love this video!!! Their setup looks great, and the yawns are WAAAY too cute!!!! In the beginning, I also used to take my boys' playpen down every night, but then it just got to the point where I left it up all the time. It was a lot easier that way, and even though it took up quite a bit of space in my super tiny apartment, they had so much fun and it was easier for me to interact with them, too. So, I think it's funny that you guys ended up doing the same thing! hehehe!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Aww, thanks Breyer!! Yes, our set up is not as elaborate and cool as yours since I have to keep it up at waist level on our dining room table (because of my back problem) but the boys just LOVE spending their time there and there have never been any problems with either of them falling off the table or climbing down or anything.

They used to have a couple of 2 story play houses on the table but I had to remove the upper stories because they got chewed up and peed on, etc. Ha ha. They were ruined! I need to make some more. They also have what we call a "boosh box" hidden under the tent roof that you can't see on the video but it is based on your idea of a box full of scrap cloth and old socks, etc, that our boys can "boosh" in. So we call it a boosh box.

In any case, they LOVE their play village and we have jingle balls and chew stick toys in there too for them, but being the lazy and picky ratties that they are, they mostly ignore their toys. They have more fun with the cloth and old t-shirts of Marc's (and mine) that we throw in there, and chewing on the cardboard, of course!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Play Strong and be at Peace

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

You will always be with me, my sweet boys. I will see you at the Bridge.

Last edited by Vladina; 11-08-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Hahaha! Yes, I think my boys only played with their "toys" when they were really young. Other than that, as you know, the digging box was their most favorite thing, along with their fort. The cardboard boxes are always a great idea, and they love them so much! Your boys obviously are super spoiled and happy, as they should be!!!

Max (5/28/00-1/9/12)
Russell (7/22/09-11/27/11)
Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Ha ha, yes, the digging box will always be a winner, for sure!

And also yes, my boys are spoiled rotten, hee hee.

Maximus and Achilles=Rulers of the House and Grand Poobahs of the World

Vlad=Personal Chef, Bringer of Treats, maid/janitorial service, taxi service, nurse, nanny, recreational director and guard, just to name a few.

All ratties deserve to be spoiled, right?

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Playful Pup

Ahafakafsiubsisyi key smash.

They are so adorable. Rats look SO cute when they yawn. And that's a fantastic playground, *_*

I'm currently in the middle of cleaning out my new room so that I can construct a bigger playground for Rue and Benny.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Thanks Halogen! Yes, I just LOVE seeing ratties yawning. It is just beyond cute!

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Rat Rescuer and Hospice

I love the "used to be the dining room table" Tells you how much they take over and mold our lives. Such lovely lovely boys

To the world you are only one person, to your rat you are the World
- anonymous -

The Rat Shack

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Aww, thanks Lilspaz! We love them so dearly, of course.

Yep, they definitely take over our lives and rule the roost. No more dining table for us humans. It belongs to the boys.

Little furry kids that have us wrapped around their little pink fingers. Every time. Sigh! We love it.

Vlad

Proud Mom to Achilles
and Maximus

Wolfgang
Klausse
Mick
Keith